LegacyGT.com

2018 exhaust tip part#

• 1 month later...
Ok I have the part and I have the bolts to attach it. I see a third hole on the top of the chrome exhaust tip. I need someone to check and tell me if there is some kind of plastic clip or bolt there attaching the chrome piece to the body other than the two bolts on the left and right side :) Thanks

Ok I have the part and I have the bolts to attach it. I see a third hole on the top of the chrome exhaust tip. I need someone to check and tell me if there is some kind of plastic clip or bolt there attaching the chrome piece to the body other than the two bolts on the left and right side :) Thanks

Yes, there's a clip - top, center of the tip - it clips to the center of the cut out in the plastic (if I am remembering correctly).

Yes, there's a clip - top, center of the tip - it clips to the center of the cut out in the plastic (if I am remembering correctly).

Thanks, I see the hole for it. Going to have to find the part number for that clip.

Has anyone found the part number for the clip that goes on the top? I called Subaru and they don’t have the part number and need more information on my end. Thanks

I looked everywhere I cant find it. Its probably a rectangular clip because the hole looks rectangular. Would really love it if someone took a picture of it :)

I am only going off of what Subaru have me. I have the clip on order so I’m a few days when it arrives I can post the full part number.

Out of curiosity I plugged that part number into google to see a picture, and I could not get any results. I think the full part number might be 57707AL440

https://parts.subaru.com/p/Subaru_2018_Legacy-Premium-Sedan-wEyeSight-25L-CVT-4WD/BRACKET-MUFFLER/70292126/57707AL440.html

• 2 weeks later...

Yep it does stick out more. I havent had a chance to install my parts, but i did a dry run and I can see its going to touch.

I do remember in the 05-07 Subaru's the exhaust could be tucked further up by adjusting the exhaust hangers, I wonder if something similar is happening here.

I've never had the best luck with uploading pictures to this site - but I can tell you my muffler tip (insert giggle here) is about 1/2-1" inside the exhaust tip". It doesn't touch, it sits directly in the center of the exhaust tip.

I've never had the best luck with uploading pictures to this site - but I can tell you my muffler tip (insert giggle here) is about 1/2-1" inside the exhaust tip". It doesn't touch, it sits directly in the center of the exhaust tip.

its always easiest to upload pics to imgur and link the image here using the [ IMG ] *insert URL here* [ / IMG ] codes (without spaces).

I tried to bend hangers. I tried bending the tailpipe after heating with a torch. And it still touched. I finally cut 1/4 inch of pipe and it still touched. I got tired of removing the muffler, so I used some zip ties on the hangers to pull the muffler up for now. There has to be a difference in the 2.5i muffler and higher trim levels, even though the part numbers for the muffler are the same. :spin:

Archived