LegacyGT.com

Do I have to buy a brand new V3 AP? Is a used V2 just as good?

So, I've been doing some reading and have come to realize the stock LGT ECU tune is awful. I've been wanting to buy an accessport, but is it really worth the $650 for a brand new V3 one? Will a $350 V2/V1 one be any different for my car? I just want to run the 93 OCT Stage 1 tune, because 93 is everywhere here in Michigan and I want to make more/smoother power.

I understand if this topic has been brought up before, but I couldn't find anything on it using the search function.

Thanks.

Unless your looking for all the realtime data the v3 gives...both my v2's ride along in both cars, in a box behind the seat.

I only use them when there are needed. But I'm 59y/o... I don't feel the need to be connected.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If you plan on keeping the car for awhile I would invest in the V3. The V2 will probably be unsupported by cobb like the V1 at some point.

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Thanks for the responses, looks like I'm in the market for a V2 AP for now. Can anyone tell me what kind of gains I will see just running the Stage 1 93 Octane map? I've read anywhere between 35-50 crank horsepower. Would that mean roughly 220-230 AWHP?

If you plan on keeping the car for awhile I would invest in the V3. The V2 will probably be unsupported by cobb like the V1 at some point.

+1. Buy the newest one you can if you plan to keep the car for 5 years.

I had a V1 in my wagon for 7 years, phoned up Cobb a couple weeks ago to ask about switching maps down to stage 1 from stage 2 like it's been for years, and they suggested that I just put it back to stock, unmarry it, and upgrade to the new version, because they didn't know if the circuitry in the V1 would hold up much longer and possibly break down at the wrong time and **** my whole car up (like when uploading something to the ECU).

C/N, they won't support a really old version in their tech support or online.

Stage 1 was pretty weak upgrade I think. Noticed it for a week or so but not huge gains. I have an 08 and I've read the gains are less for my years compared to earlier models.

Stage 2 is where it really comes alive. Downpipe and get a stage 2 etune for the best bang for your buck gains!

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

Just get pro tuned instead and use the $ you didn't use on an AP and get a Downpipe and up pipe instead.

$350 can get you a Dp and Up, add a extra hundred or 2 for a tune and it'll be cheaper than the new AP and you'll be stage 2 instead of 1 and saved a hundred bucks or use it that to pay for labor to install the pipes.

That's what I'll do if I could rewind time.

I got my etune for $150 from Bren tuning but I bought the V3 accessport. My car runs perfect and he did an awesome job with it. Regardless it already had a turboback exhaust on it when I got it from the dealership

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Yeah I got my etune that way as well but without having the AP there is no way for the etune is there? That's why I was wondering how you would get a 100-200 buck pro tune without one.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

I have a AP V2. Contemplated for awhile if I should trade in for the V3, but since it's really just an improved interface and display, the V2 works for all my intents and purposes. The only other parameters that should monitored regularly are oil pressure and temp, which isn't covered by V3 anyhow.

Archived