LegacyGT.com

Dented fender, need advise

I went to get my windshield repaired on my '13 3.6R and when I went to pick up the car there was a dent on the fender. Of course right where the bend/seam is. The owner of the shop says it wasn't him, he just pulled the car fwd and back (yet he had to turn the car around at some point since the car was backed in when I came back) and how could he do that by leaning or anything else in his shop. He blamed my wife and I for trying to scam him. You can see where he leaned on the car...but anyway.

Any suggestions on fixing it without repainting? Due to the location I am not sure if a dent pulling kit and/or rubber mallet would really work. Am I stuck taking somewhere to have it fixed?

20180831_115538.thumb.jpg.3f90338f25f323b63a101be3fc61ecbc.jpg

20180831_115540.thumb.jpg.505db0f0cd29bcf54e7fd265bafa9614.jpg

20180831_121617.thumb.jpg.1c31bec0b54f059e410f6d24d9f630f9.jpg

Yeah I would do the PDR for that dent, I bet they can get it pretty close to perfect. It sucks that he won't take responsibility. I bet the installer leaned on it, the sheet metal on the 5th Gen is pretty thin. I would have been tempted to use my size 12 shoe on his car.

i did this to my car while changing the drivers light bulb. leaned a little to hard on it with my head. i reached in and pushed it out but the kink at the top of the dent was visible with some spider web looking crack in the paint.

I've got a similar one, my PDR guy said he can get it 90% of the way back no problem, but because it's a crease on a crease it might not be perfect. Yours is probably going to be the same, but costs a whole lot less than a new fender and paint.

Archived