LegacyGT.com

seat cushion leather swap

gkinslow

Not sure about your specific application but I swapped an 08 spec b passenger leather/alcantara cover and cushion to the base of an 05 and it fits on there, however some of the side portions which clip on to the side to hold it to the frame were slightly different. I would imagine that would be the same case with what you are taking about. It's a relatively easy fix and that was the only problem I came across in the swap I did. Hope that helps a little bit.

Not sure about your specific application but I swapped an 08 spec b passenger leather/alcantara cover and cushion to the base of an 05 and it fits on there, however some of the side portions which clip on to the side to hold it to the frame were slightly different. I would imagine that would be the same case with what you are taking about. It's a relatively easy fix and that was the only problem I came across in the swap I did. Hope that helps a little bit.

Any chance you have pics of your swap? I got a 07 lgt passenger seat I'd like to flip onto my 05 lgt. harnesses are all diff... :-(

What specific picture are you looking for? To swap an 07 passenger seat into an 05 you will need the base of an 05 seat paired with the upright portion of the 07. Otherwise due to the difference in occupancy sensor you won't be able to properly plug in the seat and your airbag light will be on and you will have not occupancy sensor to let the car know there is a passenger in the seat. I also had to swap the lower hinge and motor of the 05 seat to the 08 spec b upright portion of the seat in my car to make the two match up properly.

What specific picture are you looking for? To swap an 07 passenger seat into an 05 you will need the base of an 05 seat paired with the upright portion of the 07. Otherwise due to the difference in occupancy sensor you won't be able to properly plug in the seat and your airbag light will be on and you will have not occupancy sensor to let the car know there is a passenger in the seat. I also had to swap the lower hinge and motor of the 05 seat to the 08 spec b upright portion of the seat in my car to make the two match up properly.

i was planning on swapping the leathers from the 07 onto the 05. But since the seat side covers and cushions aren't exactly the same, I don't think it's worth it.

Is the occupancy/seatbelt sensors easily swappable? Are they 'integrated' into the seat cushion? I know for the 07, the fluid filled bag just lays on top between the cushion and seat springs. But couldn't tell where the sensors were for the 05.

As far as the 05/07 motor and seat heater harnesses, they're the same so I don't think I need to mess with that.

thanks for any info.

The 05 has a bracket not found on the 06. 05 also has seatbelt bolt to the seat where 6 its to the b pillar. I ended up doing a 06 swap into a 05 and had airbag and seatbelt lights the entire time because the harness didn't direct swap over. 07 I believe changed again for how the ocupancy is detected. The motors were plug and play, thats about all that worked for the 06 seat in my car. Previous owner properly did the 07 seats plus fold down backs minus memory buttons.

The 05 seat sensor is built in to the frame of the seat and because of that pretty much impossible to swap over. So in order to have s properly functioning occupancy detection and airbag system, the passenger seat in an 05 needs the base from an 05.

In terms of the driver seat, at least when utilizing 08 seats in an 05, is nearly all plug and play however there are two plugs from the car that don't have anywhere to plug in to the seat and triggers the airbag light. I'm currently still working on removing this issue in my car.

The 05 has a bracket not found on the 06. 05 also has seatbelt bolt to the seat where 6 its to the b pillar. I ended up doing a 06 swap into a 05 and had airbag and seatbelt lights the entire time because the harness didn't direct swap over. 07 I believe changed again for how the ocupancy is detected. The motors were plug and play, thats about all that worked for the 06 seat in my car. Previous owner properly did the 07 seats plus fold down backs minus memory buttons.

I actually just slipped the seatbelt bolt throught the pillar b carpet and fixed it to the bolt already there. Thought about cutting the carpet, but if it gets uncomfortable for the passenger, or I see the carpet get too warped, I'll just cut a slit in the bottom of the carpet.

I had the 07 seat installed. swapped the 05 right back after driving 5mins with the chime constantly on... How'd you deal with it.

I sort of gave up on the passenger seat swap and posted a ft thread. Maybe someone will be interested in a pretty perfect condition 07 black leather for trade.

The 05 seat sensor is built in to the frame of the seat and because of that pretty much impossible to swap over. So in order to have s properly functioning occupancy detection and airbag system, the passenger seat in an 05 needs the base from an 05.

In terms of the driver seat, at least when utilizing 08 seats in an 05, is nearly all plug and play however there are two plugs from the car that don't have anywhere to plug in to the seat and triggers the airbag light. I'm currently still working on removing this issue in my car.

I should have looked at my 05 seat more carefully, but if the occupancy sensor is permanently on the seat bottom frame, then good thing I didn't try to go ahead and switch just he electronics/sensors.

Was thinking of just throwing the 07 seat upper onto my 05 seat bottom. will only look funky once you look in the car i guess.

I believe the seats i bought were from an 07 (manfuacturing dates were all marked late 06'). The driver seat install was all plugnplay. just wish subaru would have kept consistency on these kinds of stuff... probably not in their hands since it's part of some safety regulations. your driver under seat look anything like these?:

9650050_05dr.thumb.JPG.cbc2195006b8ae91e1e22e70552c1afb.JPG

1997047265_07dr.thumb.JPG.e22bf62fd797cca68b826ba43c88ed04.JPG

The externals of the seats look the same minus the seat belt bolting to the actual seat in 05. I neutered the speaker since the million clicks didn't work all the time. I ended up getting an 05 seat from a crashed car same color leather.

I have both front buckets and rear bench in tan leather siting in my basement. I swapped for black leather few years back. These seats are average condition need a good wipe down from dust, for an 05.They Havent been in vehicle in over 2 years.

heat and power work great. ( asking $100. picked up for set)

• 4 months later...
If you were able to get all the harnesses/wiring for the occupancy sensor hacked off of the floor/vehicle side of the newer '06 passenger seat's car and splice it onto the '05 would that work? I've found an '06 with black leather and am wondering if this is something worth messing around with...

If you were able to get all the harnesses/wiring for the occupancy sensor hacked off of the floor/vehicle side of the newer '06 passenger seat's car and splice it onto the '05 would that work? I've found an '06 with black leather and am wondering if this is something worth messing around with...

Better off just reusing your bottom, the entire computer system is different between the years. You would be performing brain surgery that route just to get the kidneys working again.

• 3 months later...
posting in an old thread, but would using an 05 manual cloth seat bottom, with the 06-09 upper and putting the 06-09 leather cover work?

I believe so. The bottom passenger is the intricate part of the equation. There is a interior thread for dissecting the seats, I believe its hidden deep inside the interior swap sticky thread.

Archived