LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT rotated turbo thread

how does the flex fuel kit work? is it plug and play? how does it work with a tune? cost and brand?

That would make things wayyyy more convenient, just put in whatever i want! I'll have to look into that as well.

The FF kit is from Cobb and is allegedly plug and play but since it needs a tune (and my car would go back on the dyno) I'm just having it installed professionally.

Check Cobb' s website as there are different levels of the kit based on what you already have/need.

did you ever dyno on pump gas?

Never a real dyno. I always make a pump gas tune. Seems like all of them ended up around 20 psi and virtual dyno put them around 400 whp. I never really pushed them though.

Brandon: My header to UP connection is V-band. That was what got me thinking about modifying my existing setup to accommodate a non stock location turbo.

That will make things pretty easy. Next time you have the turbo off give it a little twist towards the passenger side and see how it sits. You probably just have to chop the top flange off, get the new flange level, and weld it on.

FWIW, from back about 2007 here's the GT3567R we had, the dyno sheet looked similar, very quick ramp up to 586whp.

Great turbo's, this turbo replaced a GT35R. That made 428whp on pump fuel on the street. The 35R would break the sticky front tires loss in the top end of a gear, yea, even 4th gear on the highway.

That's a good looking setup and sounds like it performed really good too.