LegacyGT.com

11 legacy 3.6r limited rear axle

So from reading online it looks like I should have a limited slip since I have a 3.6 limited, however when I have the vehicle up in the air and spin one of the rear tires the rear wheels spin in opposite directions which would indicate that it is an open diff? The axle code is VA2RGT-XC. Does anyone know if this is a limited slip?

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2011.html#specifications

3.6R, automatic 5 speed transmission with Sportshift

VTD All Wheel Drive system (Variable Torque Distribution) with VDC and Hill Holder VTD traction control system has 45/55 performance oriented, front/rear power split with Limited Slip rear axle.

the 5EAT always had VTD which is better than the system in the CVT or the 5MT, but despite the VDC system, a rear LSD will always be superior in low traction scenarios especially when paired with VDC.

FWIW they do make aftermarket units for the 5th gen rear end last i checked. would make a fun rally-x/snow-x car

the 5EAT always had VTD which is better than the system in the CVT or the 5MT, but despite the VDC system, a rear LSD will always be superior in low traction scenarios especially when paired with VDC.

FWIW they do make aftermarket units for the 5th gen rear end last i checked. would make a fun rally-x/snow-x car

The 5eat diff is different than the cvt or 6mt r160. I'm not personally sure what is different but the ratio and axles are not the same. So anyone getting an aftermarket diff should be aware of that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

When buying a diff, you buy just the rear LSD component and you use your existing ring and pinion. As long as it fits in the housing, you are goout to go with install.

The carrier has to fit the axle splines and the diff housing, which is different on a 3.6 from a standard r160. Which is why I brought it up at all.