LegacyGT.com

2.5 performance

There isn't really anything you can do to increase the performance.

But since it is out Check the rear main seal for leaks (usually last the life of the car), replace the oil separator plate if it is plastic, reseal the oil pump check for loose screws and replace the o ring, replace the front crank seal and cam seals, etc. All new timing components including tensioner. Inspect the bores. Maybe split the block and replace the rod and main bearings and piston rings if you are feeling adventurous. Replace intake mani and exhaust mani gaskets. Replace the water cross pipe o-rings. New plugs. Valve cover gaskets. Check the oil pan seal.

I'm pretty happy with my 2.2 with the correct timing and running properly and premium fuel. Plenty of guts and zip for daily driving. I can keep up with just about anything traffic throws my way. NOT SO when the car was out of time!

I would have thought there was a head swap or a head deck you could do to increase compression but no idea how that works out with the 2.5.

You can "deck" the heads on just about anything but it requires adjustable cam gears to make up for the change in timing after a certian point. It dives into the "not worth it" category pretty fast. You'd need premium or blended street/race gas by that time, to keep it from pinging and custom cut pistons for valve clearance...

here are some relistic things that no one metioned yet,

delta cams

14 pound flywheel(stock is like 24)

1 pound crank pully(stock is 5)

cut up to 20 thou off the heads to safe

light porting

egr delete

you may get close to 200 bhp with all that. on c16

also here are some part numbers

806786040 rear main

806733030 front main

21114AA051 water pump

11810AA000 pvc

44011AC030 headers

4- 806732150 cam seals

12-13271AA051 rubber boltseal

12-800706630 bolts

2- 11044AA642 sti HG

You can go meth injected if you're swapping out the flywheel and crank pulley, most people do it on turbo, but it's also great if you want to get adjustable cam gears. It'll also make timing more reliable, as well as keep your motor clean.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

here are some relistic things that no one metioned yet,

delta cams

14 pound flywheel(stock is like 24)

1 pound crank pully(stock is 5)

cut up to 20 thou off the heads to safe

light porting

egr delete

22e heads

phenolic intake manifold spacers

22e gates timing belt kit

msd ignition coil

enhanced grounding kit

you may get close to 200 bhp with all that. on c16

also here are some part numbers

806786040 rear main

806733030 front main

21114AA051 water pump

11810AA000 pvc

44011AC030 headers

4- 806732150 cam seals

12-13271AA051 rubber boltseal

12-800706630 bolts

2- 11044AA642 sti HG

My little contribution to this.

NOS!!!!! LOL. Our cars will naturally feel slower due to the AWD. I've raced a few cars I didn't think I would beat and I did. One being a 00 Civic Si with only a axle back exhaust and CAI. Very close but by the time we had to brake I was ahead by a tad. Tad meaning a foot. LOL.

Looking at our NA cylinder heads I think after a good port and polishing, intake manifold port matching, intake and exhaust and maybe some cams I think you should be able to gain at least another 25 HP. From what Ive seen from dyno vids that UEL exhaust header with high flow cat alone nets 14awhp. So 25 isn't far fetched and it would lead me to believe with those mods listed above 30 would be the correct HP increase number.

Archived