LegacyGT.com

Radio signal-static problem

For some reason the radio signal is very weak. Like almost every station displays sounds of static. Not sure why, and have been looking for a fix, but it seems like this is more of a hatch back problem. Any info or pointers are greatly appreciated. I had checked my fuses and if in this case it does run the rear window I had checked that for breaks and bad wired plugging into it as well.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

It could be the harness that connects the hatch door to the car. The wire in that harness may have broke from opening and closing. My rear wiper doesnt return to the 'home position' right because of something in that cable being broke. I never fixed it because there was always something bigger that i needed to work on or fix.

I have the 4 door lgt limited turbo. No hatch. This is my issue with finding a more definite answer. But, I did figure out that chargers in the cig power outlets contribute to static. Removed them and it's a lot better, but not completely gone

legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/walkthrough-replace-wagon-wire-harness-238160p2.html

odd i didnt do anything special. theres the full link

do you have any amps in your trunk or radar detectors? Are you listening to fm or am i notice am is staticy for me and gets interference by powerlines

try turning your cell phone off when you are in the car to see if its that gsm phones used to cause radio and speaker interferences

Your antenna has two electronic components, an amplifier and a noise reducer. Either could cause your symptoms if faulty. I would check power to each of them, and check continuity in the antenna signal cable. If that's all good, I'd replace each of those components one at a time. You should be able to get both from a junkyard.

http://parts.subaru.com/a/Subaru_2007_Legacy25L-TURBO-5MT-4WDGT-Limited-Sedan/_52016_6022269/AUDIO-PARTS-ANTENNA-ANTENNA/B13-863-01.html

so would this fix my problem if i get radio static everytime i turn on my defog?

No, that's a different problem. If your reception is fine with defog off and bad with defog on, your defogger has a scratched/cut wire somewhere on the rear window. You can find it with fine steel wool (makes sparks), or with a little portable radio with a long antenna. Then use a defogger repair kit from the auto parts store.

I have the 4 door lgt limited turbo. No hatch. This is my issue with finding a more definite answer. But, I did figure out that chargers in the cig power outlets contribute to static. Removed them and it's a lot better, but not completely gone

I have the same issue. My dash cam plugged into the cigarette lighter outlet causes the static. Removing it allows for radio but then no dash cam.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using Tapatalk

I have the same issue. My dash cam plugged into the cigarette lighter outlet causes the static. Removing it allows for radio but then no dash cam.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using Tapatalk

IMO, find another place to power the dash cam.

There should be power up above the rear view mirror in the headliner.

Service manual will help you find it.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Does that dash cam cause the same problem in other cars? If so, try a different dash cam. If not, check your noise reducer.

Archived