LegacyGT.com

5MT missing Cover!

Bassnectar

http://static.opposedforces.com/epc_img/366494901101.png

I am missing #7, doing a oil change I noticed a huge gear above the crossmember, I felt like I was underneath a tank not a car as I don't think it should be exposed.

Found out it is just a missing cover. I have a 5mt from a 1998 Legacy, It has blown up due to my ej20 2003 wrx swap but the previous owner had it rebuilt and all the parts " cryogenic treated" which is supposed to not make the gears stronger but equally divide the strength through the whole gear so the teeth are as strong as the center of the gear!..

all cool, but they missed the clutch cover after doing all that good stuff :mad:

My act sb-hdSS "stage 3" clutch slips, and it took me awhile to diagnose why. It is apparent now that the clutch only slips when it is snowing and their is humidity in the air. It stopped slipping for the past two months then a wet light snow and it slipped pretty easily!

Im going to go to the dealer and order the part tomorrow, 30216aa010

But I doubt I will be able to install it with the cross member right underneath. If I didn't live in Canada I don't think this would be much of an issue. but the fact I don't want to drive my Subaru until spring when I won't be damaging the clutch is kind of disappointing as its supposed to be a winter car.

You don't need it. I don't know many people that actually keep it when they are in there. Took mine off and drove it around in humid weather, snow, and rain with zero issues. You might wanna start looking into your clutch as the issue not a cover.

• 4 weeks later...

I got the part ten dollars from the dealer. My clutch hasn't slipped in months no matter how hard I push it. Guess its staying off and only put on if this clutch ever goes. O do believe this is the cause of my slipping clutch in 90humidity cold Canadian weather.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

Your right it slips after an hour of aggressive driving. So its days are numbered. I go to a music festival each summer with dirt roads and tens of thousands of cars kicking it up. I'm sure the dust getting on the clutch surface did some damage. / water from big puddles..

Although its not a necessity I will be putting it on piece of mind with a new clutch in the summertime. I wouldn't rally a car without it one pebble between the clutch and flywheel and your done son! My clutch has some miles left on it as it takes full boost no problem now that it isn't humid and maybe I had just glazed it over.

Anyways I look forward to an exedy stage 1 stage3 makes me drive the Toyota during rush hour

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Archived