LegacyGT.com

Official Quartz Silver Metallic Thread

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160518/bcd1dd52ba06533703282457944035f6.jpg

Friend took this awesome pic of my car

check him out 8k_photography

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Did you make the grille? Or is it the JDM grille?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My first Suby, bought it completely stock ~6 months ago. A bit of research turned up it was purchased new by a forum member (LegacyXP) back in 2008 through 2010.

Absolutely love the car, especially in Northern winters, but deduct points for reliability concerns and 5EAT. I'm sure the 6MT is dang near perfect if only I trusted my wife in a stick.

Current Set-up:

Rebuilt engine with a few mild hop-ups

19x9.5" +45mm 5 Axis Design Rims (5AD) S5:F (custom powder coat in Stealth Charcoal/Clear Vision)

235/35R19 Nankang NS-2 (naysayers of this size/stretch can bugger off, fitment is tire manufacturer approved :coffee:)

Swift Springs (4F007 intended for wagon)

Koni Adjustables F&R

Hogzaust!!! (and proud of it - it's good for a laugh but the end result couldn't be better - glad I happened across it before blowing $$$ on aftermarket)

HID's

Factory Nav Replacement with Nexus 7

Future Mods:

Tune in some moah hosspowoah when I'm >4000mi on the engine

Grill Alteration (not sure yet)

Headlight Alterations (eyelids, orange removal)

Taillight Tint and brighter bulbs

*Maybe* a front spoiler lip (haven't found anything that's not gaudy yet).

Dual Wall S/S Tips

Liberty GT Rear Bumper Inserts (replace Legacy reflectors)

Removal of all badges (gotta have those clean lines)

1141837656_RearLeftQuarter-1.thumb.jpg.5e6c49713a4dad688617b07160cb731f.jpg

Rims are a very tight fit and required the fenders be rolled (no significant flare requied).

Only scrubbing I have is the tire on the rear plastics on bigger bumps - nothing I can't fix with a heat gun.

The scrubbing only happens because I chose to run a 3mm spacer on the rears due to very little clearance (~0.5mm) between the forward control arm and rim. I did run it without the spacers for ~100mi and never had contact but I drove very conservatively as I'm pretty sure it would've contacted under hard cornering or hard acceleration through bumps.

197295053_RearLeft-1.thumb.jpg.a3c76b4cde63a82f6ff35c8c8a8fc586.jpg

Couldn't be happier with this ride height from the Swifts... not ridiculously low but not ugly high either. Wagon springs are definitely recommended - I'm absolutely certain it would sag too much in the rear if I went with the 4F008's that Swift actually recommend for the sedan. These shots were taken with a full tank of gas, two (empty) kids seats in the back and an empty boot. With the kids in, full gas tank and a few suitcases in the boot, it squats a little but definitely not bad.

Coupled with the Koni's the handling improvement was much improved from stock. In stock form, the car felt very twitchy and light up front and vague and wallowy in the rear, particularly through sweeping corners. The front now feels much more planted and while the wallowy feeling through the rear still exists, it's reduced and far less disconcerting than it was stock.

Beefier swaybars and a roll center kit seem to be popular upgrades but I need to do some more research to make sure those mods will help.

The ride is obviously firmer but on stock 17" rims I actually preferred it over the standard suspension (wasn't a fan of the floaty ride).

With the 19" rims, it's a still surprisingly supple but definitely a little on the coarse side... a trade off I'm willing to take for how nice the rims look.

509799223_FrontRight.thumb.jpg.531062ec3efc490822f0fd9aa57e1e53.jpg

Got to fix those orange indicators in the headlights and tame down the red in the tails!

Edited by Windza

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160514/c04c9be93460fdfe0191b4a79aecdd9d.jpg

Bumping this thread to the top!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Love this look mate... very clean lines and beautifully matched rims.

The way you've got this looking, I'm *almost* swung around to liking the bonnet without a scoop... I've always liked the low profile scoop on my GT (Subaru really did a nice job) but dang mate, it's a toss up when I see that profile shot of yours!

Either way, you're speaking my language!

Gotta ask though, what's with front bumper? Is that just a stock bumper with a colour coded lip spoiler? Looks good!

Edited by Windza

Love this look mate... very clean lines and beautifully matched rims.

The way you've got this looking, I'm *almost* swung around to liking the bonnet without a scoop... I've always liked the low profile scoop on my GT (Subaru really did a nice job) but dang mate, it's a toss up when I see that profile shot of yours!

Either way, you're speaking my language!

Gotta ask though, what's with front bumper? Is that just a stock bumper with a colour coded lip spoiler? Looks good!

Thanks for the compliment. FYI, the front bumper has the BaysonR lip that I got through eBay and color-matched.

http://myalbum.com/photo/18GUFO8EK3ni/360.jpg

http://myalbum.com/photo/0M71m5r4dbM2/360.jpg

http://myalbum.com/photo/dLqqCthT6f1m/360.jpg

http://myalbum.com/photo/isiWbeIxxEIN/360.jpg

Man I need to get coils on my car everyone making me jealous

don't worry, the 2 year ownership of my lgt I had coils on for a day and hated it lol

Didn't mind the stock height

http://i63.tinypic.com/2077qfp.jpg

Man I need to get coils on my car everyone making me jealous

If you want a respectable drop with a good/comfortable ride, Bilstein/HD + Swift Wagon Springs is a great choice. Similar cost, but worth it if you have kids and wife to shuttle around.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

If you want a respectable drop with a good/comfortable ride, Bilstein/HD + Swift Wagon Springs is a great choice. Similar cost, but worth it if you have kids and wife to shuttle around.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't want to ruin the legacy(ness) of it by making it too stiff but the stock height bilsteins make me tower above all as if it were an outback haha. The girlfriends GTI is making my car feel like a barge haha

Yeah I don't want to ruin the legacy(ness) of it by making it too stiff but the stock height bilsteins make me tower above all as if it were an outback haha. The girlfriends GTI is making my car feel like a barge haha

I understand. I went pretty low (but not fender rolling low) with a set of Prova and the car looked good! The Bilstein/Swift combo is a great compromise though.

I have Koni yellows. Front at 50/50 (soft/hard) and a quarter turn stiffer (because wagon) in the back. Prova springs. The drop is approx. 0.6 inch in the back and 0.8 inch in the front. Maybe the drop became a BIT more after a while. I posted the pics at the top of this page. Here's a better view of the current ride height:

http://myalbum.com/photo/9jo2afVb53oa/360.jpg

(225/40/18" tires)

Never had any problems during daily driving while there's A LOT of speed bumps here in the Netherlands. It's clearly stiffer than OEM, but still a very comfortable ride. I turned them all the way to full stiff for just one day. Annoyingly bouncy! NOT recommended.

So installed my springs last night and boy the car feels sooooo much better! For having 184k miles (assumed) my bilsteins probably have another few years left in them no leaking all rebound good still obviously not like new but the 30k mile LGT struts I took the springs off of were completely torched! Here's a comparison K3Qa2G

^How long do you think the Bilstein's will last? I'm at 77.5k on my spec.B and I was trying to decide where to go with the suspension... judging by your post it looks like I might just grab some new pink springs and go from there!

• 1 month later...