LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

^AMG engines are bulletproof...the rest of it, not necessarily.

I've had to get a 722.6 5 speed auto on a CLS55 rebuilt. It's running on a Eurocharged stage 2 with a smaller SC pulley, larger charge coolant cooler and other supporting mods, it would light up the rear 285 tires easily even with traction control on. Fun to do, and that's probably what killed it lol!

Then there is the suspension. Clunking sway bars? So, change out the bar bushing and endlinks then! But wait...the bar bushing IS MOLDED ONTO THE BAR...so you need to replace the whole damn swaybar!

So you have the bar, take off the old and put in the new...drop the front subframe to do that.

Had to replace the alternator...yep, drop the subframe.

Then there is the air suspension...with the conditions here have had to do the rears once and the fronts twice. Thats at about $1000 a side.

Tail lights stop working...need to replace the rear Signal Acquisition Module for the CAN. Front turn signals dont work...replace the front SAM.

Have had better luck with other years and models though.

Dealers after dealerships. I gave it allot of thought and I decided on a GLE 350 4matic. It’s time to have a family SUV. I already requested (2) GLE From the same dealership (nationwide) to be sent to my home state.

Has anyone stripped one of these out into a track car? How light can you make it?

Look up a member named Rutchard he did some wild stuff with his, afaik he owns the 1/4 mile time on the stock turbo. Given how easy it is to take the seats out and empty the trunk, it would be a matter of being able to deal with less. I cannot, so my car is staying whole, but I did empty my trunk.

Wow, the new Legacy’s are just god awful... even the XT! Is it just me or do you guys agree. 5th gen over all of them [emoji2373]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen one in person yet, but I did like the drive of the 2019 it was miles ahead of the 5th gen in quietness and comfort, engine and CVT were very smooth as well. I wouldn't buy one but I don't dislike them.

The XT's intercooler air is funneled through the grille... Lame. Probably saves them productions costs through.

FMIC would be much easier to pull off though, probably useless unless someone can find a transmission to hold the extra power.

I have like at least four things to post about my car currently but haven't found the motivation to actually post them lol. One of the things is the tS arms install and something holding me off from posting about that is that I asked my shop to get an underneath picture when the car was up on the rack but they forgot, so I'm going back in tonight just to throw it on the rack for a minute for a pic. Hopefully that'll motivate me to get to postin.

Havin' a weird week. :redface:

Wow, the new Legacy’s are just god awful... even the XT! Is it just me or do you guys agree. 5th gen over all of them [emoji2373]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I like better is the rear end on the new ones to be honest. The rear end of those cars matched with the 5th gen would be beautiful :p

Wow, the new Legacy’s are just god awful... even the XT! Is it just me or do you guys agree. 5th gen over all of them

The 6th and 7th Gen are different cars than the 5th Gen GT. The XT is really just an evolution of the 3.6R and is meant to compete with other mid sized sedans.

I am planning on going to the track next Friday weather permitting before the track closes for the year. I am probably going to bring my Syclone, but I haven't data logged it in a while, so I will see how it looks this weekend. If I doesn't look good, I will bring my Legacy GT again. I did a launch using launch control and FFS this morning of my Legacy GT and I forgot how much that makes a difference. It gets up goes pretty good for what it is.

Sti swap...and make extra trans mount brackets.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I second this motion

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Motion passed.

Does that mean this is officially happening?:)