LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

I love the fact that you are kicking the boy racer stigma these cars have to the curb. I was seriously considering one in 2017 until my GT popped up on Craigslist.

Too bad that crowd will never know that the WRX is at least nominally my wife's . . . well, I can't say DD any more so maybe I'll invent a new term and call it her "whenever" driver.

Norm

• 1 month later...

I am starting to fall for the 2020 GLI. Not sure why. But, after the round of reviews that came out in the last few days, no one really had anything bad to say about it. Except that it's not a GTI....but it's really close.

Front-and-Rear-View-of-2019-Volkswagen-Jetta-GLI-35th-Anniversary-Edition-exterior-shot_o.png

I wonder if it comes with TDI trim. My 2010 Audi Q7 is in for warranty work. They gave me a 2015 VW Golf TDI wagon for a loaner. I'm getting almost 50mpg & the engine isn't over powering, but never be accused of lacking power either. If one's looking for well balance FWD DD, this would fit the bill.

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

• I Donated
I wonder if it comes with TDI trim. My 2010 Audi Q7 is in for warranty work. They gave me a 2015 VW Golf TDI wagon for a loaner. I'm getting almost 50mpg & the engine isn't over powering, but never be accused of lacking power either. If one's looking for well balance FWD DD, this would fit the bill.

That car was probably one of their Dieselgate buybacks...

The TDI are dead as of 2015, so no GLI TDI. The 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI are pretty rare. VW had only released them less than 5 months before diesel gate hit.

Both my Q7 & the dealer. VW are buy back. IIRC it's been only in the last few months some of the TDI's have been fixed and released for resale.

FYI, Audi comes with a 4 yr./48000 mile warranty. In short, anything that makes the OBII engine light came on, it's covered.

Edited by HAMMER DOWN

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

All this talk a bout VW I don't know why anyone doesn't think of the obvious choice here :) Golf R

Turbo AWD 6MT Hatch...ticks all the boxes for me. 4K miles on mine and I have 2 minor complaints, and thats the emergency braking feature. When pulling out of my driveway if im not on the brake and a car passes the car STOMPS on the brakes and you come to a shuttering brain melting halt. That and the clutch is too soft, and I'm going to need one soon. How these cars ship with GTi clutches is beyond me. Besides that this car does everything I want it to and more.

19x8.5 HRE wheels, EMD DCC springs, sway and chassis bar, downpipe, JB4 stage 2 tune, and soon to be Armytrix exhaust. 350ish AWHP and Tqe is pretty solid. Its not what my old big turbo LGT was, but it seems to do everything very well for daily and spirited driving. And 28mpg on the highway isn't too shabby.

The STH class in Auto-X has quite a few rocket ships, so I really don't feel like I'll be competitive against fiesta and focus st especially since they changed the rules to allow for exhaust and tune, but I did really well in novice class and am thinking of moving to STH once the year is over.

Shameless pics :)

Resized_IMG_4388(2).thumb.jpg.9fb71c786696ebea2faff4af6c94c9c7.jpg

Resized_20190323_135225(1)(3).thumb.jpg.5b559dc49242b1f27d569ab8745ba619.jpg

Edited by stocklgt

Well, guys, that's how it played out. We took delivery of a 2019 WRX Limited yesterday morning.

We managed to hold off the car shopping thing almost another two years but ended up pretty much having to on shorter notice than we'd have preferred. Let's just say that the estimated repair cost (not from a crash, BTW) was going to exceed retail value and that there was still a decently powerful 4-door with a manual transmission available. Had there not been such a car, I'd have had it fixed. Even though we're a couple of years older than when I posted #349 (I'm 71, she's a couple of years younger), we're both still just as insistent on having a MT as ever.

Requisite picture, color is dark gray metallic. Best picture I could get given the time of day/sun position. That's not my house in the background, it's just what was behind where the car could be sitting in the sun.

full

Norm

Nice car. My wife has a 2018, same color, 6 speed of course. :)

Our other two Legacies, LGT and 3.6 are 5EAT, so it's nice to have the options.

I would take the Golf R, but it's next to impossible to even find one to test drive around here. Especially in DSG. Plus, that hatch seems SUPER small compared to my MkII GTi 16v, but maybe it's just been too long since I owned it..

Besides the LGT, I also own a 2019 Colorado ZR2. It’s definitely different than the LGT but like it for what it is. Before buying the truck, I thought about replacing the LGT with something more modern. My last two options ended being a Chevy SS Manual or a BMW 440 Gran Coupe. I ended up deciding to keep the LGT for a few more years. I’ll see if I can make it 15 years with it.

I would take the Golf R, but it's next to impossible to even find one to test drive around here. Especially in DSG. Plus, that hatch seems SUPER small compared to my MkII GTi 16v, but maybe it's just been too long since I owned it..

Hatch is super roomy, but im coming from a legacy gt non wagon, and an evo x which has NO trunk whatsoever. Just fit 2 sets of wheels and tires, and my stock exhaust without cutting it up.

Suprised you can't find the R. If you are willing to live with the 6MT (I am a bit upset bc of the clutch and the tune) there are plenty to be had. I got mine for 4K off sticker too, but most will not budge off sticker, especially on the DSG.

Hatch is super roomy, but im coming from a legacy gt non wagon, and an evo x which has NO trunk whatsoever. Just fit 2 sets of wheels and tires, and my stock exhaust without cutting it up.

Suprised you can't find the R. If you are willing to live with the 6MT (I am a bit upset bc of the clutch and the tune) there are plenty to be had. I got mine for 4K off sticker too, but most will not budge off sticker, especially on the DSG.

You have a 6MT correct? How does the automatic braking work with the clutch?

Suprised you can't find the R.

There's like 3 in all of CA, all 6 MT. At least, that's what the status was about a month ago. :iam:

I'm thinking a Lotus for my next car. One of the turbo Esprit. The one I almost bought in the late 90's would be perfect: black on black turbo. It was epic fun on the test drive. I should have suspected bad stuff was coming when the owner (riding in passenger seat) said I've never driven that fast before. Shortly there after, every cooling hose on the engine came loose (no hose clamps because owner didn't actually drive the car). Limped to a gas station and bought all the water bottles and antifreeze to limp it back to my car.

Checking the hoses (cause I figured we could re-attach them), the "missing hose clamps" story was clarified. Apparently the shop didn't put them on. The owner never noticed because doesn't drive the car. I asked if that was the same shop that did all the repair work. Yep. Thanks and have a nice day. I'll walk back.

After 20+ years of Subie wagons, I think the Lotus would have been a better deal.

/rant

You have a 6MT correct? How does the automatic braking work with the clutch?

So the radar cruise will allow you to clutch in and upshift or downshift and will not turn off the cruise. it will slow down to about 10mph and then will auto cancel. auto braking is weird, ive never actually stalled out due to it. im wondering if it does something to prevent shut off?

That said im usually on the clutch when it happens anyway.

I have to say with the radar cruise they need another setting for NYC mode lol. Even when set to closest distance its not close enough, prob 4-5 car length. Good for highway, shit for NYC traffic.

...so w/my LGT firmly in daily driver duty I've been looking for next fix on and off. Well I took a perfectly equipped '19 MX-5 Club out for a drive yesterday, it's night and day different than the Legacy for sure. It's also a blast to drive, though it is quite a bit better than I expected.

j1xR1bt5fqPO-U_nlcQJiLIJ9wSbKI38V-YY8FF_raEgVG3a9hfzM9NxvpXVPeU8d4pfAjqRPDGgtR9m_o2zYaQa1gJKqV70hD8zDWgQlBXmmeNcm-ediQR00tHpC1O36mYhnM0dMRfD7LIdbnUOWxENg-1AMnn6iNJ_CwVuASWdHgs0wQpJRQ8_-ifRajf-4QMoePVBbVYQN7_JXGjtIhxALZ-PT5Qd_GcAaEU4hg07ldkAB-cv9shJKbwf-2kDAO7MGSH_YImA645zKhpkJvVym-XhLtsWRcTKYLDyV3Rs1pYI1yHurE_5qqWH44H3ChLjkg_FhA0TcciHJorKF82Jsf-Z6giRWG0apyL9jaQyvzG5pkjsWpA2AhuwrHWZ_8NCMVHjhL4tMf1T72qDxAr7pOTk50y7QecdlRQWMUQj6mJBHo-C-8qPSq-YrKbFGMKGDkg3bpEjXIhHOvEuJisMcrM-nXnJZxFJTGY3so9w_8IEyUtKgjNBU5D7bTRhF23ndDUruge79KvdU0qu06K6GUEBzT43m-34xJYfzx4KOqCcw_hT3yJFUS8m_yA7sEZ0JcRTV6O5l_LCIrrLNmoAzsokoh7VYi72jr2YBOZR3j47f9had9DeKVuyEz2mln_njc02adXgU_uEhSgp6nC3TVBwpMgE=w1992-h1120-no

• 1 month later...

Finally got to drive one of these today... I’m sold !!!

0ebfedb5a5f9e7aafff7a05da2aee438.jpge3e8c10169b80373ddc8379678579081.jpg

https://youtu.be/ZPODWidq1Mk

The dual clutch, no cabin noise, just pure sex really!! Oh a a few bolt ins and e85 and over 550whp, cmon!!!! Kinda like the new RS5 sport hatch too hmmmm...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by wrxwhit