LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

I think realistically it is a bit more than an inch, more like 1.5 ish drop. I added a 1 inch spacer and it still dropped down noticeably. The first bit of compression seems a bit stiffer than stock, but they firm up really quick to way over stock. I would say the firm end of the progressive is about where the 13+ seem to fall if I recall some of the reviews correctly.

I love them for their feel, and if you already have other suspension upgrades, swaybars and links then these will complement them nicely. However, if you want a strictly firm suspension these probably aren't for you.

I am looking to firm things up a bit - but don't want a significant drop. So maybe I'll go with the 13 springs... I dunno. where do you source spacers? an 0.5" drop would be acceptable, I think... I like the idea of the firmer spring, but which stays more stock-ish for small bumps...

I am looking to firm things up a bit - but don't want a significant drop. So maybe I'll go with the 13 springs... I dunno. where do you source spacers? an 0.5" drop would be acceptable, I think... I like the idea of the firmer spring, but which stays more stock-ish for small bumps...
Anderson design and fabrication.

https://andersondesign-fab.com

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Those are from Australia, correct?

Yup. They’ve been out of stock since January (I missed the last set by one day, they sold them the Thursday before my check hit Friday), and will be out of stock until August. Found a brand new set in CT thanks to RikGT and snagged them.

I finally put my order in for my engine upgrades today.

ID 1050X injectors with adapters

Cobb flex fuel kit with pressure sensor

ARP head studs

South Bend stage 2 daily

Sti 11mm oil pump

Billet clutch fork and pivot ball

Invidia catted down pipe

:)

I finally put my order in for my engine upgrades today.

ID 1050X injectors with adapters

Cobb flex fuel kit with pressure sensor

ARP head studs

South Bend stage 2 daily

Sti 11mm oil pump

Billet clutch fork and pivot ball

Invidia catted down pipe

:)

I believe our cars already have the 11mm oil pump since 2010+ came with dual avcs

Did you guys see COBB released some WRX shifter parts along the lines of Perrin, Kartboy, and Boomba? Optional 15% or 35% short throw.

244320_main.jpg

https://www.cobbtuning.com/products/drivetrain/subaru-shift-plate-wrx-2015-2019/?utm_source=ET&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Raptor021819

Those bastards...why why why do they have to make such a beautiful part and with adjustment options...:spin:

I bought the Kyb struts and mounts to install the springs my boyfriend bought for me

340043 - rear struts

3340106/7- front struts

Sm5765 - read mounts

Sm5361- front mounts

Sb103/sb113- belows

But from what I’ve read on the forum it seems like I’m missing some pieces ? Is there something that goes between the mounts and the springs?

My car is from 2014

I bought the Kyb struts and mounts to install the springs my boyfriend bought for me

340043 - rear struts

3340106/7- front struts

Sm5765 - read mounts

Sm5361- front mounts

Sb103/sb113- belows

But from what I’ve read on the forum it seems like I’m missing some pieces ? Is there something that goes between the mounts and the springs?

My car is from 2014

From top to bottom:

Front:

strut mount->conical washer->coil spring mount->bumpstop->coil spring->lower spring mount->strut/shock.

The rear doesn't have the conical washer or bearing in the strut mount. Most people reuse the coil spring mounts as they don't wear out quickly.

From top to bottom:

Front:

strut mount->conical washer->coil spring mountupper spring seat->dust cover->bumpstop->coil spring->lower spring mount->strut/shock.

The rear doesn't have the conical washer or bearing or upper spring seatin the strut mount. Most people reuse the coil spring mounts as they don't wear out quickly.

FTFY bud!

Edited by GTEASER

Thank you! I knew there was something missing. I looked at the Subaru diagram for the front suspension and they only have the mount, spring, strut and bum and dust cover. There’s no conical washer or upper spring seat and rock auto doesn’t seem to have it either . Does Any one have the part numbers?

340043 - rear struts

3340106/7- front struts

Sm5765 - read mounts

Sm5361- front mounts

Sb103/sb113- belows

My car is from 2014

I did not like the KYB dust covers (I assume those are the Sb103/sb113- bellows) I bought a set of them and had to modify them to so they would work and I wasn't happy with the way they came out. I think they are universal dust boost.

I also did have a question about the dust cover and the bump stop, is the bump stop suppose to slide down all the way down to that silver plate on the strut? Or does it rest at the top ? When I tried assembling it I had to force it down a bit until it was resting on that silver plate

I also did have a question about the dust cover and the bump stop, is the bump stop suppose to slide down all the way down to that silver plate on the strut? Or does it rest at the top ? When I tried assembling it I had to force it down a bit until it was resting on that silver plate
Put it toward the top. Suspension compression will move it up there anyway.