LegacyGT.com

how hard would it be to swap in a power seat to a car without one. I can get the seat cheap, I want to have the adjustments that the power seat offers vs the non power seat.

2014 legacy seats

The seat will bolt right in and chances are the wiring harnesses are under the carpet somewhere. Pull out a seat and see if you can find it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
you don't need a video...it's easy. Just unbolt 4 bolts holding down the seat, unplug everything (after disconnecting the battery), trick the seatbelt sensor with a 3.3ohm resister, so you don't have the seatbelt warning light and the constant dinging or airbag light on, get yourself some seats and brackets = done. Word of advice...DO NOT REMOVE STOCK SEAT BELTS...you will want these. A 4 point harness looks cool, but f*ck trying to drive around with it on. Trust me on this...I cut mine and removed, just to end up buying a new set and reinstalling.

where did you place the resistor only hang up in my seat swap sometimes it works sometimes it dings

where did you place the resistor only hang up in my seat swap sometimes it works sometimes it dings

Oh! Well for the seatbelt chime I just did this...I had the same thing happen...half the time it would work and the rest of the time...DING DING DING!

28575898_1839526636117763_4318518028459681820_n.thumb.jpg.e896f8c65d866fd1883e18a7f172578f.jpg

Oh! Well for the seatbelt chime I just did this...I had the same thing happen...half the time it would work and the rest of the time...DING DING DING!

that's literally how mine is... half the time no dash light no ding. the other half ding s and dash lights. where did you splice that in ? that looks different from the resisters I was looking at

• 1 year later...

Thread back to life,...

Didnt see any writeup or youtube vids on this topic,..

I picked up black with red stiching/lettering wrx seats i think are 08-14’ model year for my 2011 LGT.

So the swap jist takes swapping lgt base to wrx seat and slider and use 3ohm resistor for the airbag?

Any details appreciated,..

So i found out today that i cannot just swap seat bases and rails from the lgt to the 08’-14’ wrx seat frame.

LGT seat base/rail uses torx nut to a welded nut. The WRX manual seat base has a welded barrel like nut to screw in a torx screw. He crossbars are also removeable with larger sized torx screws that hold it in,..

Ling story short, driver side lgt base is not swappable. Spent 2 1/2 hours to unbolt everything only to put everything together. Driver side front/rear adjustment is messed up n the left side rail since the worm gear wire wasnt seated into the rail right. Gotta redo this another day,..

I think i would need a manual base and slider to bolt to wrx seat, but still Im speculating.

Has anyone done a wrx swap with details for both driver and passenger seats. Need to know what parts are needed in detail if:

1.. lgt base manual base and slider is all i need to mount wrx seat

2. Since passenger side is manual, can i use the lgt base/slider with wrx seat?

In the stickied interior mods thread, last page, they are discussing similar. I dont know if it will help you, maybe you can check and see if what they are discussing will apply.

Thread is locked and never saw how their WRX seat install ended up.

In the stickied interior mods thread, last page, they are discussing similar. I dont know if it will help you, maybe you can check and see if what they are discussing will apply.

Thread is locked and never saw how their WRX seat install ended up.

This thread isnt very useful. more of owners posting about is it done or where is the video or post pictures.

There is no documentation on a "How to".

I ordered a used 2.5i manual seat base from ebay from a junkyard.

Hopefully I can just unbolt the seat base and rail and transfer it to the WRX seat and bolt it straight to the LGT. I know the seat base will fit, question is whether the seat base and rail will bolt up directly to the WRX seats and whether the screws or bolts will line up directly.

This thread isnt very useful. more of owners posting about is it done or where is the video or post pictures.

There is no documentation on a "How to".

I ordered a used 2.5i manual seat base from ebay from a junkyard.

Hopefully I can just unbolt the seat base and rail and transfer it to the WRX seat and bolt it straight to the LGT. I know the seat base will fit, question is whether the seat base and rail will bolt up directly to the WRX seats and whether the screws or bolts will line up directly.

This is the main reason I haven't seriously considered another seat, it is a downgrade to manual controls.

This is the main reason I haven't seriously considered another seat, it is a downgrade to manual controls.

I can do without the electric controls as I find it easier to use the manual slider to get it where I want.

Plus, I just float in the oem seat as it is too plush and I need more support.

I put the same WRX 08-14' seats in an 05 FXT that I used to own and it was a perfect fit for me. More supportive and comfortable.

I spent another 4 hrs today to get wrx seat to fit a 2011 lgt manual seat base and the rear section of the lgt rails will not bolt up to wrx seat.

Lgt rail has a welded capture nut and wrx seat has a welded bolt with a threaded center.

Basically i would have to cut the wrx seat rear bolt off and hopefully expose a hole to get it to line up. The front does bolt right up but other problem is if i got rail to bolt to wrx seat, the front adjuster bar to adjust front and rear distance isnt wide enough to reach the sides..

Only other option is to buy an LGT aftermarket base for recaro, bride, etc seats with rail frame and see if that will bolt directly up to wrx seat..

I will post pics soon as im posting this on my ipad and photos are on my phone,.

Im beat,..

So seats are super easy. I got both front the rear top and bottom all 4 door cards out a15 sti. They bolt right in. Drivers side is heated power passenger side is manually adjusted but are heated. Just unplug and remove the stock seats swap seatbelt buckle cause the lgt belt wont clip into sti buckle(I buckled the sti belt and left that plugged into the car wiring so it always thinks its buckled and zip tied it under the seat out of site). The electric for the passenger seat is self explanatory the lgt has a jumper harness that goes from the car harness to the individual plugs under the seat unplug it from under the lgt seat and plug it into the sti seat the plugs are all different so you cant mess anything up so just plug what you can in the rest don't get used. This will not take care of the airbag or weight sensor light. That's just a 3.3 ohm resistor spliced into the yellow plugs (I kept the airbags plugged in even though I used the resistors in hopes they work if needed since the light is out). The drivers side electric is pretty much the same as the passenger seat you just plug more plugs in due to the power adjustment. So after putting the resistors on the drivers seat yellow plugs The only thing you have to do to get everything to work is splice a power and ground from the lgt harness and hook up the one empty plug left under the seat. Voila comfortable supportive seats that keep your ass from sliding around in the turns and the only thing you lose is passenger power.a3d2e43c693e58ffdda04e2cf5ecb346.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The 15 sti seats were a direct bolt in.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Wish i had known this before i got the earlier model wrx seat,..will 15+ wrx seats fit?

Only asking because itll be very raare to find 15+ sti seats for sale used or in junkyards in Hawaii....