LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Boxkita, sorry to hear about this. Glad you're ok (rather a car go away than the driver)

Maybe you can use the wagon for its true calling, hauling groceries super fast through an SUV infested country

I thought about keeping it, however, as a daily it's a little much. I tried it for a couple of weeks and found triple digits on every trip. I have very little self control with it. :spin:

I drive an 25yo Nissan pickup now. It meets all my needs and none of my wants. It should run forever.

I didn't think thanking this post was appropriate so instead I made this post. Sorry to hear of your loss but I'm glad you have the wisdom to recognize when it's time to walk away. I'm sure your family appreciates it as well. Hopefully we'll still get your input here in the forum from time to time.

I often wished for a "down vote" button, too.

Thanks for the kind words.

I thought about keeping it, however, as a daily it's a little much. I tried it for a couple of weeks and found triple digits on every trip. I have very little self control with it. :spin:

I drive an 25yo Nissan pickup now. It meets all my needs and none of my wants. It should run forever.

Yeah can't thank this post.

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Glad you're okay. I've only been in non injury accidents that total a car and it makes me so angry. "You can replace a car not a person" It sounds like this is truly a time for that sentiment. You're part of what makes the 4th gen sections feel like a community compared to other boards.

boxkita,

sorry to see you sell the cars but glad you are doing OK yourself. Always liked reading your posts and hope to continue seeing new ones from time to time.

Good luck!

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Just adjusted the dampening on the coils some more and drove down to Mexico to record some 3rd gear logs for my tuner. Didn’t stay long but a fun drive nonetheless. :rolleyes:

I’m saving the next dyno day for next year or at least after I finally decide to install the water meth kit. Ideally I don’t want it retuned on winter gas with the water/meth kit. I don’t drive it a ton during the winter months anyways.

Man I'm sorry to hear that. Looks like everything that can be said has been already, but I'm sorry to see you go. Your posts always make a positive contribution when I come across them. Good luck in your future endeavors, and hopefully you find a new passion among them.

I'm really sad to hear this.

Glad you are ok and doing well. I did see your post on FB, and was wondering what was up. But I was hoping to hear you were buying a GTR or building a rocket.

I do think you should keep one as a daily and not mod it or track it. But I understand that itch....Not saying the pickup is your best option as you can get a concussion from walking down the road and tripping on your own two feet. So just gotta find your own happiness where you can. Wishing you all the best bud!

Link to said facebook page?

Thanks

Positive news on the spec b build, since my 05 had a sub 002 accessport and I needed a sub 003, I thought to myself. I wonder if anyone is willing to trade. Someone has to f up and buy the wrong one.

Well a couple weeks ago on LoW on FB a guy actually did exactly that, wanted to trade or sell. Tysparks87 called me and told me about it and I messaged the guy right away. We each agreed on a time to ship and I sent my accessport off to the south of Ohio and patiently waited for one to come back to me. We each exchanged tracking numbers and I prayed I didn't get screwed.

My faith has been restored in people! I received the accessport I was looking for and he should have his later today. The cost? $20 shipping for each of us, no dealing with people lowballing trying to sell it and then trying to find another one.

He's not on the boards here but does know about them.

I'm glad people can still be honest in this world!

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

I pulled the trigger on the STI Short block, and full seal kit. shout out to Maxcap's build. Oh I also got it for the low cause my dealer price matched online. Still need to get my heads refreshed and I will be set to take it to the shop for install and full Protune on the dyno. doing this all cash so should be ready at the end of April.

I have tons of parts and so on. I am hoping my heads are good. no I have not checked them yet. with 2 kids in daycare and full time job it been hard. plus mowing two big yards and so on.

On the positive side I get a big raise in January, and in march my kids daycare drops a ton. I might scrap my plans and get an S209:lol:. Naw never I love the legacy.

What were the part #s you ordered for the STI shortblock and seal kit?

Thanks.

Here's my local dealership. If you call them ask for Will and tell him Byron sent you to him.

You should be able to get the rest of the items you need from that link.

https://parts.suburbansubaru.com/a/Subaru_2017_STI-25L-TURBO-6MT-STI-Limited/_54102_6464094/ENGINE-ASSEMBLY-SHORT-BLOCK-ENGINE-ASSEMBLY/V10-001-02.html

Sent you a PM too.

Here's the gasket kit, https://parts.suburbansubaru.com/a/Subaru_2006_Legacy-25L-TURBO-5AT-4WD-GT-Limited-Sedan/_54102_6024124/ENGINE-GASKET--SEAL-KIT-ENGINE-GASKET--SEAL-KIT-05MY-06MY/B13-002-04.html

Funny thing, I noticed in the 2006 Legacy page, you can't find a short block, its only on the STI page.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I might scrap my plans and get an S209:lol:.

At $63K they can keep it. Good job getting STI shortblock though, keep us updated!

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Been driving my wagon a bit lately. Needed to replace my hot water heater yesterday and a 40 gal tank fit like a glove. It's only noticeably using/leaking oil when being daily driven so I feel like a rip here and there isn't hurting it. Trying to get a second quote for the turbo work from a shop my friend recommended.

Was in Denver the last week for work, didn't see any LGT wagons, but man you guys have a lot of LGTs and OBXTs around. Rare to see any variant around here.

Been driving my wagon a bit lately. Needed to replace my hot water heater yesterday and a 40 gal tank fit like a glove. It's only noticeably using/leaking oil when being daily driven so I feel like a rip here and there isn't hurting it. Trying to get a second quote for the turbo work from a shop my friend recommended.

Was in Denver the last week for work, didn't see any LGT wagons, but man you guys have a lot of LGTs and OBXTs around. Rare to see any variant around here.

The way I read that I thought you were taking your water heater for a rip and it was leaking oil. Or that you installed a 40gal water heater into your Legacy :spin:

Colorado in general seems to be a "mecca" for Subaru's. :lol: We have 5 in the family with three being Legacy's. I've been seeing more of the Outback Sedans lately and probably would have got one if they ever made a manual. (MCM did a cool "Mad Max" style one HERE) As the bumper sticker says... they're not just for lesbians anymore! :p

My poor legacy has just been parked for awhile now. I finally pulled the trigger on my top feed conversion parts. Got everything (and then some) for top feed, VF48, AOS, and Flex fuel install. Super excited!! Hope to get started on that within two weeks. Maybe start a new thread or bring back my old 'build' thread where I wanted to stay stockish and not do half the mods I've done so far...

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

I spent a couple of hours replacing both rear wheel hubs. It was a delightfully quiet ride into work this morning.

On a side, I had been hearing a rattle in the back area of the car as well. I crawled under a month or so ago and found nothing. Last night, while doing the bearings, I found that the left rear brake caliper had a missing bolt! Turns out it had striped out at some point (I discovered that bit when I tried to put a new bolt in). Lesson learned: listen to the old girl. She is probably trying to tell you something important.

j.