LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

Final setup is.

Front, minor cut BTS 5056 blue sprint with Moorsport strut tops for camber/caster adjustment. 0 toe, -2.3 camber. Going to be more once I dial in a tad bit more caster.

Whitline 25mm front bar stiffer setting.

Ride height 16.2 inch

Rear. BTS 5056 shock revalved by bilstein, with coilover sleeve and 10" 350lbs Eibach spring. JDM top hat with 1/2" saggy butt spacer, 1/2inch spaced out bump stop.

Whiteline 20mm bar stiffer setting.

0 tow, -1.8 camber

Ride height 16.5 inch

I guess I should update that other thread.

Handled Perfect! Still a bit of body roll. But hitting the track at speeds of 80-100 of bumps were awesome. So glad to have more rebound control than the early 04 KYB rear shocks. Makes a HUGE difference at high speeds.

So what did you end up doing with your suspension set up? I don't recall you updated us on it :spin:

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Edited by dukeneverwinter

That's awesome. I watched your video. Looking goood man. You still get a bit of squat at the start but not too bad. I bet you could have gone to 400 lbs springs. They feel fine on our car.

Did you figure out the dust cover bits? Cause I have noticed one day that water can get in between the shock body and the sleeve. And that water does not easily drain. Found that out one day when I was trying to adjust my ride height and water started dripping from between the sleeve and shock body. That was like 3 days after driving through a rain storm (car stayed parked during these 3 days though).

Since I haven't had a day off since the dawn of time, Wednesday night I dropped in an AEM 340lph fuel pump (PN- 50-1215) and a new OEM fuel filter (PN-42072AG16A). The prefilter on the original pump was pretty gummy and there was some debris stuck to it, but other than that didn't look too bad. I would have liked to have maintained my learned fuel trims over to the new pump, but I erred on the side of safety and pulled the ground on the battery resetting them. Once the initial weird idle went away, things have been much better with my feedback knock issues. I would say easily 90% better. Not that it drove poorly to start with, but the car does seem to drive better.

Meanwhile, as I have been working so much, I have picked up a few things for the car. I did go ahead and get the correct gaskets for the oil return line for the turbo, as well as new hardware for the turbo to downpipe. I did some more research and did go ahead and get a new oil return line as well because it looked to be an odd size and I didn't want to take a chance on what I have to try not working. I also lucked out and picked up a barely used ceramic coated Grimmspeed downpipe for $350. If my currently scheduled Oct 5th days off actually happen, then I will hopefully knock that stuff out.

• 2 weeks later...
Nothing exciting here either...Other than needing to replace the windscreen again. Not so bad since I've been milking it for a couple years. But this... Will definitely get pulled over, crack is creeping right into line of sight.

Can't believe I still have not changed mine since early 2010. I should probably not say that...

As for me, been learning a LOT about tuning. I am enjoying it. As a result, slowly adjusting my tune going from a stage 2 vf40 to a vf52 jmp. I can tell top end is different. I like it so far. Just running on 13psi max.

Can't believe I still have not changed mine since early 2010. I should probably not say that...

As for me, been learning a LOT about tuning. I am enjoying it. As a result, slowly adjusting my tune going from a stage 2 vf40 to a vf52 jmp. I can tell top end is different. I like it so far. Just running on 13psi max.

I had a VF52 on my LGT and ran ~20 PSI, made 314 at the wheels. Enjoy that turbo.

I am also playing around with something else...

IMG_20190929_083843.thumb.jpg.08c14dc12ffaf9e3d6f8ef4b30a89305.jpg

Edited by funnyman06

Oh I just saw your dynosheet. Not bad.

Been working on my tune. Now peaking at about 16-17 psi and she likes it. Did not even need to modify the primary open loop fueling table and the base timing so far. Zero knock event. Very happy. And 15-17 psi with a vf52 jmp feels stronger than the vf40. Since my engine is 'sick' (although you would not have a clue she has slightly lower compression on the DS bank), I will not go higher than this boost levels at this time.

Another thing I want to address is fuel economy while cruising. I may go ahead and modify my closed loop afr targets and see what happens :spin:. I will use baby steps though.

Drove it for the first time in a month using it to pick up wheels for the new car a few weeks back. Didn't realize how much steering wheel shake I was tolerating...

It was filthy so today, had it washed while I did the WFH thing. They got most of the water spots out. Man, the paint is in bad shape... Put a car cover on it. Back to stock needs to start soon, but i'm so busy with work and kids...

48872832358_2661e3e632_c.jpg

Drove it for the first time in a month using it to pick up wheels for the new car a few weeks back. Didn't realize how much steering wheel shake I was tolerating...

It was filthy so today, had it washed while I did the WFH thing. They got most of the water spots out. Man, the paint is in bad shape... Put a car cover on it. Back to stock needs to start soon, but i'm so busy with work and kids...

Tell me about it :rolleyes:

Finally got around to installing my skid plate and light bar. Over engineered it a bit.

- Put nutserts on where the light bar mounts onto the bumper.

MeVOx7M.jpg

- Cut pieces off the old "skid plate" to make the little side splash guards.

c64yo2A.jpg

- Made a bracket for the license plate to hang a little lower so it wouldn't be a pain to remove.

XaMj79d.jpg

So much for a daily lol

Edited by mikkyk97

I've put too much effort, sweat, and some $$ to the point I can't get rid of it. But an Onyx would be nice though. Still not super fond of its look. I feel Toyota and (some) Honda's new fleet look more aggressive, sporty than the newest Subarus.