LegacyGT.com

OFFICIAL: MN Meet thread

twisted

Tint would make that harder, How ever with it being the wifes car, I dont get to Auto Cross it. But the Trade off is i have my jeep to play in the mud with, and my mustang to go fast in. I have a great wife. :lol:

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tint would make that harder, How ever with it being the wifes car, I dont get to Auto Cross it. But the Trade off is i have my jeep to play in the mud with, and my mustang to go fast in. I have a great wife. :lol:

What kind of mustang do you have? I used to have an '02 GT with intake/exhaust/basic mods. Right now my stage2 LGT Wagon would smoke my old mustang in a straight line or handling.

Oh we always have our front windows down when we autox anyway. Tint does look really good on the wagons.

I'm very close to getting a different turbo (vf52 or pdx) so I probably won't be in ESP this year, not sure what class I would be in actually. I wonder if Todd ever bought an S2000, if so you might be the only one left in ESP:(

Yes, todd was running an S2k down at des moines.

There's a decent chance I'm moving out of town in late may so ESP is going to be down to 0.

nm+: I found a set of wheels from subieboyLGT05 17x7 48mm offset for $450 shipped to my house w/lugnuts. he said weights around 17lbs. They were cheap and my wife likes inexpencive. :lol:

My Mustang '86 GT hatchback. 87,xxx miles. Your basic mods, CAI,Headers,Exhust, stage 2 Clutch and flywheel. and Window Banner. :)

Which is on all my cars. It is currently in storage right now.

• 4 weeks later...
I look at mnsubaru.com from time to time. I haven't gone to any of the meets though, I should probably get out more.

Well, if you are interested. I dont know what area you live. I'm in east st. paul.

I frequent http://www.mnscc.net and there is a weekly meet up section in the forums there.

Heres a direct link to the weekly mets, its all cars, not strictly limited to one brand of car manufacturer.

http://www.mnsportcompacts.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78

I go to this one every wednesday (not this wednesday though, its my sisters b-day) We go to palace's pizza. Its actually a hmong place with plenty of vietnames (sp) dishes like pho and pad tai. They also make pretty good pizza and hoagies.

http://www.mnsportcompacts.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74749

Hope that helps. Theres a few lgts on mnsc, but not many. I wish there were more lgt owners there.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you guys visit any other MN car forums? There are a few weekly meets and also spring opener subary meet coming up.

If you're up in Duluth for some reason, check out D-SCE.com. Usually something going on toward the end of the week, regular meets on Tuesdays. As has already been mentioned, MNSC and MNSOC, though we don't see too many people from either group up here, plus MNSC apparently had some drama with D-SCE a while back.

• 1 month later...
To the black jeep SRT8 at the Rogers theater, sorry forgot to include my forum name when I replied back. Just in case you're searching, I had the regal blue wagon. Nice GC SRT8 by the way, I've always liked how those look, and no front plate on the front makes them very clean.

DSCF3119.thumb.jpg.d26bf9b7a19fb5f63425e86f4dbd965b.jpg

To the black jeep SRT8 at the Rogers theater, sorry forgot to include my forum name when I replied back. Just in case you're searching, I had the regal blue wagon. Nice GC SRT8 by the way, I've always liked how those look, and no front plate on the front makes them very clean.

Damn thats clean as hell.

If I ever get around to doing HID's, which wont be anytime soon. I'd like to do my housings like that. I'm no good at oven work though.

Damn thats clean as hell.

If I ever get around to doing HID's, which wont be anytime soon. I'd like to do my housings like that. I'm no good at oven work though.

HIDs were easy, and I do recommend doing them. Clearing the headlights also wasn't too bad. I ran the headlights just clear for a while, then decided to black them out. That was a bitch, when I masked off the chrome around the blinker and the ring around the projector, the masking tape peeled the chrome off in spots so it looked like crap. So, after spending all day sanding the entire light assembly, painting part a bright silver and the rest black they finally look good.

• 1 month later...

I know I have posted about this before, but I would really like to get a regular meet going for those of us in Minnesota. Not sure where the majority of you are located, (im in st.cloud), but it would be fun to hang out every couple weeks and maybe get a cruise scheduled for sometime this summer. I would have no problem planning out a cruise/meet if people are interested, more or less just seeing what the interest level is at this point. Let me know what you think.

P.S.

I work at St.Cloud Subaru, and I am sure we could meet up at the dealership if people don't mind a bit of a drive. Just a thought, throw up a post or shoot me a pm with ideas.

Edited by BOXX
P.S.

I'd be down for a meet, haven't done one in really long time. And it sounds like there are finally some other wagon people.

Anybody interested in going to Brainerd drag strip sometime? I've always thought about going but just haven't yet, really want to see what the grocery getter can do, especially after I get my 18g installed.

Nice, well you won't see me running at Brainerd but I am always up for watching races. That would make for a nice cruise, and we could meet up at my shop and all roll up together.

I'd be down for a meet, haven't done one in really long time. And it sounds like there are finally some other wagon people.

Anybody interested in going to Brainerd drag strip sometime? I've always thought about going but just haven't yet, really want to see what the grocery getter can do, especially after I get my 18g installed.

Do a real track day.

This is what that wagon can do:

http://notajetta.com/blackhawk/waveby.jpg

(And tell Todd to stop driving the tiny convertable. How the hell did he take AS by 3 seconds? ESP is empty!)

Edited by nm+

I know of a really awsome stretch of road north of the cities if anyone would be up for a cruise. I did it last your for a fall cruise and the twisties and scenery were fantastic. Probably the best road I've ever been on in MN.

I'd definatly be up for a legacy cruise. A trip to St. Cloud would be kinda boring though. I'd like to take it on backroads that are fun to drive after we are up there.

I agree a trip to st.cloud would be extremely boring (especially since I live here). Was just throwing out ideas for a place to meet up. xbrian, if you remember that route you took last fall that would be an idea, and just plan some stops along the way. I have been looking around trying to find some decent roads, but any up here that have decent twisties are so beat up they knock all your teeth out, so that makes it no fun.

We took 35 north to the hwy 23 exit around Banning State aprk. Hwy 23 is hilly, with plenty of twisties. The real fun however kicks in around Fondulac, at the MN WI border. Then hop on Oldenberg Pkway, aka hwy 210 west. That is where shit hits the fan. The roads are the best I've ever experienced in MN. I've been in the car scene for several years and have traveled many miles with this car club, taking me through many different awesome roads. This stretch however is the best I've ever taken.

The scenery here is comparible to out west. Big river, lots of hills and twists along the way.

Its a bit of a drive, but more then worth it.

We took 35 north to the hwy 23 exit around Banning State aprk. Hwy 23 is hilly, with plenty of twisties. The real fun however kicks in around Fondulac, at the MN WI border. Then hop on Oldenberg Pkway, aka hwy 210 west. That is where shit hits the fan. The roads are the best I've ever experienced in MN. I've been in the car scene for several years and have traveled many miles with this car club, taking me through many different awesome roads. This stretch however is the best I've ever taken.

The scenery here is comparible to out west. Big river, lots of hills and twists along the way.

Its a bit of a drive, but more then worth it.

Well if you guys can make it this weekend, on the 25th there is the Nemadji Trail Rally 3..... they are always looking for workers, Ill be up there for sure its always a good time. The head quarters are in Duquette which is right on 23!!!! As a worker all you do is sit in the woods and watch the cars go flying by, and make sure no one enters the course, really easy and good way the meet new people.

hope to see you there!!! If you have question PM me.