LegacyGT.com

TylerHartman's 1999 Legacy GT Wagon 5SPD

going in for tint!

4hgk9Rn-1.jpg

35% Llumar Window tint all around

8clG6a4-1.jpg

owSjgSi-1.jpg

P4RmliC-1.jpg

Picked up an OEM heatshield, Coolant lines to coolant tank on intake off a poor 04 FXT at the junkyard :( Also picked up a Bugeye cluster and pigtails too to test fit in my car before shelling out for a V7 STI cluster

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Header day! Didn't ever pay attention, I didn't realize the JDM 205 doesn't have the "oil cooler, that's actually an oil heater" sweet! Planned on ditching it anyways so that's easier for me :p

nXXj4gc-1.jpg

side by side (OEM missing headshields for removal)

JWvZ8xE-1.jpg

all buttoned up

frVa4Ei-1.jpg

Yes, you lose the rumble. still sounds like a Boxer at below 5k, and above that, it sounds mean! it drives nicer, blip downshifts don't stumble and feels overall happier and so smooth closer to redline. overall I'm so happy with it, best thing I've done engine wise so far

sooo been buying more stupid stuff I don't need.. :p

-US option Dual power socket

-BH5 retro touring wagon cargo mat (hoping I can get it cut down and resewed to look factory)

-Carbon fiber mirror caps

-Collection of JDM wood trim parts (cluster piece I've never even seen before :p)

-RFRB Grille (came up cheap, a friend needed cash.)

-Legit JDM Plate

-another JDM BG5 parts catalog, but this one is way bigger than my hyper rev

-all the remaining parts for my headlight retrofit (FX-R 3.0 3", 5500K 35w bulbs, relay harness, and ballast adapters)

My tuner I planned to use also recommended I go Speed density (something I didn't personally think I needed, but not second-guessing his word) so bought his kit over a week ago and haven't heard back. so not sure where I'm going from here but not happy with the speed of emails being returned and now in a hurry to order the other parts for my turbo upgrade with this going down.

Welp Saturday I was on my way to pick up the parts to retrofit my headlights from a friend and I got rear-ended :(

yMmvCvd-1.jpg

Xu6XCm3-1.jpg

uyiCtPM-1.jpg

6ls5eoA-1.jpg

bozJkKn-1.jpg

before this.. Got a JDM plate

fYCtvgf-1.jpg

Retro style neoprene cargo mat from a BH5

qseHMR4-1.jpg

bunch of other parts, including a RFRB grille

lDX55ni-1.jpg

and got to meet up Scott from the Facebook pages in his Turbo swapped wagon along with several other friends

hSRFLZI-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Update!!

FX-R Projectors Retrofit using CustomBrackets&Designs(Hinyo) Brackets/mounts. Using the Harness and Ballasts from my old Honda element retrofit go figure, so part of that car lives on in this :p

I have to mount everything up and make holes in the factory caps for the D2S Plugs yet, but super close to calling this "done"

-FX-R 3.0 3"

-3Five Ballasts

-D2S 5500K Bulbs

-CB&D Mounts

-Cleared Orange Marker

mtL2Gnx-1.jpg

RoKYD1X-1.jpg

47Zwv0m-1.jpg

Stock vs 5500k lowbeams

0DRqT4t-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I hate to love looking at these. They are all junk around here and would cost 15k to make one this nice.

Unfortunately took alot to even get this one nice:P bought the shell out in California needed some light body work! no rust at least though

Had to test fit my ARC box :p need to get the rest of the parts soon

QbKRWGx-1.jpg

also I bid on some Morettes and won them.. oops. bad timing after retrofitting the projectors. Not installing yet till I figure out a retrofit for these I think

9SaRyU5-1.jpg

Well, I sold my brown rainguards then my friend lets me know he has a spare set that are purple... and I wasn't planning on another set, at least no right now but the color is more fitting

F76GGhR-1.jpg

XI7zf7H-1.jpg

Rsb8POh-1.jpg

Then the OG tail light project I started wasn't working out, so starting something that is more in my skill set!

R0N5Yrg-1.jpg

so as promised on fbook here is where i am at with my ej205 swapped wagon

Pulled the engine to replace the flywheel with a lightened flywheel and clutch and am doing rear main seal and Oil seperation plate at the same time.. prob do the rocker cover seals as well

You weren't kidding ;) I actually updated it more recently then I thought :p

It's sooo easy to pull these engines, esp when single turbo I couldn't imagine trying to do rocker gaskets in the car so you made the right move even if you didn't have to do the flywheel and clutch ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Had someone tell me your can cut down a stock GD (02-07) WRX Air filter and it'll be roughly the same size as a Type D ARC filter. My engine came with the airbox and Blitz Drop in filter, so Cut it down and Bingo! Need to make an L bracket and Get the sticker now, but looks super baller. Doesn't quite make the sucky noises the Cobb SF did, but it's better in some regards for noise as it's not so in your face, maybe i'll just have to get a BOV now.

TXK3Cr6-1.jpg

Just a random picture from hanging out with @deadHP , Just sold my RFRB Grille. I never fell in love with it like I wanted to, Getting one of my favorite grilles soon (Prova) to respray with everything else soon, debating on getting Greddy/Trust lip off Yahoo auctions before then as well... we'll see I keep going back and forth with myself

cJ7fkwm-1.jpg

Also not pictured, I got an SYMS Oil cap. Plan to do an engine bay clean up and tuck wires super nice now, have a few other projects in the works I'll post details on when I'm farther along

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Small update Picked up a replacement bumper so I can get busy now :p May also have my Goal turbo lined up (HKS By Garrett) GT2835

New Billion Power steering tank

OSr5F4f-1.jpg

HKS Hardpipe, selling the HKS Filter part

q1qe9Pb-1.jpg

Also snagged up a G square mid wing, My end goal is the Aeromajic. but this was in reach for the time being

uyAWXfi-1.jpg

Updateee

Big shoutout to @Barbbachello for finding this APS S/R-40 Turbo (Garrett GT28R Core) in downunder, picking it up and sending it to the states :)

67ydf5K-1.jpg

Picked up a Mamba GT28/GT30 Subaru install kit

wEnQdb5-1.jpg

Greddy/Trust Type BOV

v9k8FJI-1.jpg

and the flange for it from eBay

nz84eOD-1.jpg

bought some pieces from McMaster-Carr to make the eBay radiator have the correct coolant ports for my Turbo swap and have a spare 1/8npt port I can use for a defi later on (it along with my intercooler is off at a fab shop right now)

kaSTytY-1.jpg

HKS hardpipe

81WbPHv-1.jpg

Auto Shift boot bezel modded

X7E93ZE-1.jpg

sEXoL3o-1.jpg

rz6kGd9-1.jpg

R0osc6t-1.jpg

Installed the eBay rad, Cool-Nuts hoses, and Prova cap. Also, have the OEM style brackets drying from paint now so the zero/sports shroud can be mounted up semi correctly

also have the I/C installed with the SD IAT, started cleaning up the HID wiring a little and ARC sticker for the box

Bfx2Qme-1.jpg

Bn26oIV-1.jpg

I2GcwR5-1.jpg

KbvECHq-1.jpg

got the proper mounts on and painted, also found a bolt to properly mount my intercooler after all these years on the drivers side :lol: need to come up with a 08-14 mount for the passenger side

7FicQCq-1.jpg

picked up a Z/S TMIC shroud

zGCEOgi-1.jpg

spare set of links and Whiteline bushings

PMqBM9Z-1.jpg