LegacyGT.com

Here's hoping the turbo will come in a stick...

Modern cars suck in so many ways. They deny the driver the experience of driving. They have become wheeled toasters for the masses. No one buys manual transmissions except for specialized cars. When I bought my used 350Z a year ago, I had to drive from South Bend, IN, to Chicago and Milwaukee to find one without an auto. I mean, wtf? Who would own this car with an automatic? WHY?

Yeah, cars today fall into the category of "commuter boxes, luxurious golf carts, our sporty golf carts".

When I'm seriously considering purchasing a Honda Accord sport 2.0T, because it's the closest thing I can find that seems like a fun sedan, that's sold brand new with a stick...

It's depressing.

I know there are German alternatives, those also have German issues.

If the next WRX is big enough, maybe I'll switch camps, but Subaru is missing out on a loyal market.

When trucks that I've been looking, still sell in a stick.

So maybe it'll be a Tacoma...

3 pedals till I die

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'm a stick guy too but for my daily grind the 5eat has been nice. Yea it sucks when I want to "drive" the car but that's not too often anymore. I got a TKO600 in my GTS so I'll bang that went I get the urge.

Sedans are dying. The market is all shifting to SUV/Crossover type vehicles. I doubt we'll get anything performance oriented, which has always been the case with Subaru North America. I wouldn't not be surprised at all if the Legacy is no more for NA. DI and CVT are Fail. It's like Subaru just awoke in 2002.

If all the people who get sudden nostalgia for something they can no longer buy, had actually made the purchase when they could, the demand may have justified Subaru continuing the model or option...Legacy wagon, Legacy GT how many 5th gens sold in 2012? Easier to complain after the fact I suppose.

If all the people who get sudden nostalgia for something they can no longer buy, had actually made the purchase when they could, the demand may have justified Subaru continuing the model or option...Legacy wagon, Legacy GT how many 5th gens sold in 2012? Easier to complain after the fact I suppose.

We did and drove almost 4 hours to get.

All depends on what stick. I daily the 6 speed in my civic and love it but would be miserable doing the same thing in the Subaru.

and the commute...no way i'd do it driving in DC, no problem in Richmond.

This B4 version is a reasonably good looking car. Of course the USDM version will have ugly bumpers, tiny wheels, etc.

I'd love a 6MT wagon version, and a high-spec special edition would be icing on the cake. Oh yeah, that FA24DIT is a must, I can't go back to 170hp.

All things said, I would consider this, in wagon format, as my next DD.

New Legacy will come with the FA24DIT from Ascent but will have CVT with Paddle Shifters. That's the best were going to get.

Well....there goes my dreams of a new 6MT turbo Legacy and the nice bridge that KRB has for sale :lol:

Archived