LegacyGT.com

How often do you wash your car?

I was it every week and wax it every 2-3 months.

1/10 times I will go through an actual machine wash to try to get all the dirt out.

I have my car fully machine waxed once every 6 months to fix swirls. Just had this done this last weekend.

In the winter, with snow/salt, I wash it every couple weeks, and/or when the temp gets above freezing.

The rest of the year, it depends on how dirty it gets and my free time. I garage it and keep general debris/bird poop off on a daily basis, so maybe every 2-3 weeks I wash it.

I clay bar and wax once a year. I actually just did it last weekend. For me and my car, that works well and keeps up.

Some people may need more often, depending on where they live, the car staying outside, driving conditions, etc.

Over-waxing can be a problem and can lead to waxy build-up and actually make the finish look worse, and make it harder to buff off the new wax.

Just my thoughts.

I was it every week and wax it every 2-3 months.

1/10 times I will go through an actual machine wash to try to get all the dirt out.

I have my car fully machine waxed once every 6 months to fix swirls. Just had this done this last weekend.

If you use this stuff, you will only have to do it once per year. AWESOME and highly recommend. Easy on and off and can don the entire car in about 15 minutes. BEFORE you put it on, wash your car with Dawn dish washing liquid as you need to remove all of the wax on the car to get the true result and have the ceramic coating bond to the paint.

http://www.hydrosilex.com

I wash it about twice a month. Every three months I put a coat of OptiSeal on it (sort of like hydrosilex). I’m on the same bottle and it’s my third car. Uses very little. Takes ten minutes to do the whole car. Wipe on and walk away.

My car stays out when I’m at work for 10 hours and the amount of dust it collects on campus is nuts, plus it’s a bird sanctuary and it’s warm down here. So I have to keep it washed weekly.

That’s where it gathers bird poop and dust and grass lol.

When it needs it (2). I like looking through a clean windshield over a nice shiny hood. I use a nearby no touch pressure wash or one in Boulder that is full service. I'm thinking of a detail as there is a great shop immediately next door to work. (and I have a damn door ding) However after about 15 months, it still looks and smells new w/ 12K. I would say 2-3x a month. I may look into the Hydro-silex stuff or similar as I don't mind doing a little work to keep her looking good.

I may look into the Hydro-silex stuff or similar as I don't mind doing a little work to keep her looking good.

I just finished Hydrosilexing my sons new 2018 Honda Accord Hybrid today and this stuff goes on and off very easy. Does a great job and highly recommend. You can do your entire car in less than 30 minutes or 45-1 hour if you are anal like me. One bottle will do 6-8 cars so for $69 shipped it's a great deal.

Well, After picking my car up new from the dealer this past Friday and driving for a bit, I washed Friday night to get the bugs off. Came out Saturday morning and found bird shit, so I washed it again. Drove it a bit on Saturday and got home late, Did not go out sunday but I washed it sunday night and applied 1 coat of wax.

Archived