LegacyGT.com

LGT sway bars on 3.6R?

I have a really annoying clunking noise whenever going over anything from penny to a bump. I have freshly installed Koni Yellow Inserts paired with RCE springs. I love the dampening setup, its just body roll and the clunking is annoying.

I am looking to upgrade sway bars soon and I was wondering if I could install this kit from a 2010+ Legacy GT on a 2010 3.6R?

https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/sway-bars/bsk015-whiteline-front-and-rear-sway-bar-kit-w-endlinks

Seems like a good price because you are getting literally everything. I am just wondering if this will fit a 3.6R model.

I also heard somewhere that the 2013 Legacy 3.6R stock OEM and the Whiteline BSF41XZ is a 26mm front sway bar versus this 24mm sway bar in this kit. Would the 2 mm really make a difference, because this one is adjustable and the stock Subaru one isn't.

Thank you in advance for your answers and help. :)

For the street, the 13-14 front bar at 26mm is plenty big for the job. Add a 22mm adjustable or 24mm fixed rear and your good. Add the 13-14 springs makes it even better. A lot of street guys here run this combo with Koni's for a spirited daily driver that is easy on the family too.

Yeah I heard that combo is very good and popular as well. I wanted to lower my car a little bit so I opted for the RCE Blacks springs. Love them too and I must say the rid is kinda perfect.

Thank you for answering my questions.

I upgraded both bars when I first got my 3.6R.

7DUVLtO.jpg

The rear makes the biggest difference. The front wasn't as much but I would still vote to swap it to the 2013-14 3.6R sway bar. I would go with a 22mm read sway too.

Check out my build thread and get some custom bushings that my buddy makes. They'll improve handling moreso. If you need help with the front sway I can try and help. You pretty much play a game of Tetris.

If you want to upgrade the front sway bar to the 26mm OEM one, there IS two different versions of it for the 2.5i (which fits the GT) and the 3.6R. Make sure you get 20401AJ08A for the 3.6R, while 20401AJ00A is for the 2.5i. Also would recommend upgrading to the CKE SSP 75D bushings as well. I noticed a bigger improvement from those better bushings than from the bar itself up front. And they’re molded from the OEM bushings so fitment is perfect.

I upgraded both bars when I first got my 3.6R.

7DUVLtO.jpg

The rear makes the biggest difference. The front wasn't as much but I would still vote to swap it to the 2013-14 3.6R sway bar. I would go with a 22mm read sway too.

Check out my build thread and get some custom bushings that my buddy makes. They'll improve handling moreso. If you need help with the front sway I can try and help. You pretty much play a game of Tetris.

Thank you I will check it out. Yeah, but it's a fun game of Tetris. :lol:

If you want to upgrade the front sway bar to the 26mm OEM one, there IS two different versions of it for the 2.5i (which fits the GT) and the 3.6R. Make sure you get 20401AJ08A for the 3.6R, while 20401AJ00A is for the 2.5i. Also would recommend upgrading to the CKE SSP 75D bushings as well. I noticed a bigger improvement from those better bushings than from the bar itself up front. And they’re molded from the OEM bushings so fitment is perfect.

Thank you for the part numbers and clarification. I really appreciate that.

Up front Moogs or OEM 2014 3.6R or 2015+ WRX

In the back Superpro or Moogs or OEM 2014 3.6R or 2015+ WRX.

Stay away from anything adjustable, anything that requires shims

anything without pillowballs and anything that doesn't have the right M12 bolts up front (2.5i, LGT, STI offerrings).

Archived