LegacyGT.com

DAM Goals and Knocking on Heavens Door

Hi Guys,

I keep an eye on my COBB AP while driving and ever since I sealed up all the vaccuum leaks the numbers have improved a lot. Usually I see the DAM at 1.0 around town and even during spirited driving. I do travel over the Cascades mountains and this is where I see the DAM drop to .62 then it raises back up to .875 and finally 1.0 when the drive is going downhill and flattening out. Feedback Knock can be -8.0 but knock learn is never much below -3.0.

So I guess the questions are as follows:

Am I paranoid?

Should DAM stay at 1.0 all the time.

Can I expect 0.00 Knock and Knock Learn?

This car at 122k on it and I want to be reasonable and not worried that she is about to blow up.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, DAM should stay at 1.0. That level of knock should be looked at, even at altitude. What are your A/F learning values in the A-C ranges at high and low elevations? It will be helpful to get an OBDLink or a VAG-COM/Tactrix cable so you can post a learning view with a timing grid.

Are you running an OTS tune?

Yes, DAM should stay at 1.0. That level of knock should be looked at, even at altitude. What are your A/F learning values in the A-C ranges at high and low elevations? It will be helpful to get an OBDLink or a VAG-COM/Tactrix cable so you can post a learning view with a timing grid.

Are you running an OTS tune?

Here are my A/F learning values while I wait for the Tactrix cable. 1767bbdf860a371d819fdfe86a28d72c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here are my A/F learning values while I wait for the Tactrix cable. 1767bbdf860a371d819fdfe86a28d72c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe you already know (or I'm late to the party:) but with the Taxtrix you will be logging a stock ECU configuration as it will not log a Cobb married Map. That being said, for trouble shooting; the Taxtrix is a good idea with the learning view as stated before:-)

Maybe you already know (or I'm late to the party:) but with the Taxtrix you will be logging a stock ECU configuration as it will not log a Cobb married Map. That being said, for trouble shooting; the Taxtrix is a good idea with the learning view as stated before:-)
Are you confusing logging and flashing?

Are you confusing logging and flashing?

No I'm talking about logging. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if he has a Cobb Map loaded then Tactrix won't recognize in RomRaider? At least that's my personal experience with it. After that I've always assumed that Cobb locks the ECU with their maps loaded.

Maybe all along I just had setup issues with RR at that time and perhaps it would have worked :lol:

Vespa, my suggestion to you is to stop doing wide open throttle logs immediately. You've obviously made it this far and hopefully the log you just posted recorded the correct parameters for a tuner to make a determination. I understand that you are in the process of diagnosing the issue and there many factors to consider. It could be a fuel pressure issue, an injector issue, a vacuum leak issue, etc, etc. Going full throttle though is a risk you simply shouldn't be taking right now. I'm sorry for not being able to provide any other suggestion that could possibly lead to fixing the issue.

So after cleaning the MAF again, tossing the K&N filter and installing a paper air filter my AF numbers dropped down a lot.

AF Leanring 1a 1.20

AF Learning 1b 0.20

AF Learning 1c 3.30

AF Learning 1d 3.20

So that’s better at least.

Yes DAM is staying at 1 the whole time. I don’t have an android phone but I am thinking it’s worth buying a Nexus 7 and the OBDlink Bluetooth and ditching the Cobb for a Protune. That way I can watch it all the time.

Which OBDLink did you get I see three available. The Wi-Fi one for the Apple products is $200 so I don’t think I need that one. Unless it’s the best option?

Yes DAM is staying at 1 the whole time. I don’t have an android phone but I am thinking it’s worth buying a Nexus 7 and the OBDlink Bluetooth and ditching the Cobb for a Protune. That way I can watch it all the time.

Which OBDLink did you get I see three available. The Wi-Fi one for the Apple products is $200 so I don’t think I need that one. Unless it’s the best option?

I got the MX, but I assume the LX would do fine. Any cheap Android will do the job.

Archived