LegacyGT.com

No Power Memory Rear View Mirrors- Really?

Uwon

In late ‘09 I passed on getting a Legacy because memory power seats and mirrors were not offered. Nine years later we are contemplating a new car and I see that the Legacy now offers memory power driver’s seat but no memory power rear view mirrors. REALLY? Instead a number of electronic gizmos are offered that promotes driving inattention. How disappointing Subaru!

Johan

Since it has all the gizmos you don't even need the mirrors anyway /sarcasm

I'm amazed how little progress there has been in certain aspects like this.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was offered in a different market.

Not that any of this helps you

Look at the new Forester

"The 2019 Forester is the best-equipped ever... The 2019 Touring is the most luxurious Forester ever, with standard and exclusive features including 10-way power driver’s seat, new 8-way power front passenger seat, new heated rear seats and heated steering wheel. Also new for 2019, the exterior mirrors have a two-position memory function synchronized to the driver’s seat position memory and in addition tilt downward when reverse gear is engaged, to aid in parking maneuvers. A new power rear lock button is available on the rear liftgate that will close and lock the gate and all doors on the vehicle."

Those Canadians....so nice yet they bitch so much.

HaHa! Just got back from a week holiday traveling into NY and PA. I note that you guys just bitch about politics/guns and we bitch about cars. LOL

Seriously, I think that having your mirrors properly adjusted every time you drive is an important safety matter. And it does take some time to properly adjust especially when most of us drive more than one car and the seating, blind spots, etc. are different. Memory mirrors facilitate having them properly adjusted every time.

Cheers,

Johan

I don't let other people drive my car. Problem solved. :lol: If my wife does, she just has to adjust the mirrors. With her fingers. On the buttons. Inside the car. Two inches from her left hand. :dm:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Those Canadians....so nice yet they bitch so much.

How would you like getting a car with less features and crappier parts but being sold as the same trim level and price (if not more) compared to your neighbor?

I think you might have got it close though, nice but we don't bitch enough.

• I Donated
Look at the new Forester

"The 2019 Forester is the best-equipped ever... The 2019 Touring is the most luxurious Forester ever, with standard and exclusive features including 10-way power driver’s seat, new 8-way power front passenger seat, new heated rear seats and heated steering wheel. Also new for 2019, the exterior mirrors have a two-position memory function synchronized to the driver’s seat position memory and in addition tilt downward when reverse gear is engaged, to aid in parking maneuvers. A new power rear lock button is available on the rear liftgate that will close and lock the gate and all doors on the vehicle."

Why did it take until 2019 to do this, though? Both of those features (mirror memory and tilt-down) have been standard or available on many other mainstream brands for decades.

OP is right. Subaru is behind the times. Y'all should buy Chevys instead. :lol:

Some y'all acting like it's surprising that Subaru is slow to add convenience or entertainment type features. Where the hell have you been? They were about 5 years behind every other manufacturer before they added aux in jacks, and you're surprised that they aren't adding memory seats? So this has been going on for 20 or more years.

• I Donated
Some y'all acting like it's surprising that Subaru is slow to add convenience or entertainment type features. Where the hell have you been? They were about 5 years behind every other manufacturer before they added aux in jacks, and you're surprised that they aren't adding memory seats? So this has been going on for 20 or more years.

Oh I'm aware. My 2015 WRX still didn't have retained accessory power either, and keyless start required a series of trim and option upgrades totaling $6500. Ridiculous in this day and age.

Things that Subaru has never been particularly good at:

- Convenience features

- Styling

- Nice interiors

- Automatic transmissions

- Headgaskets :lol:

Things that Subaru has been good at for a long time:

- AWD

- Selling to the granola set ;)

Shhhhhhhhhhhh, dont' tell B4!!!!!!!!! :eek::lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

How would you like getting a car with less features and crappier parts but being sold as the same trim level and price (if not more) compared to your neighbor?

I think you might have got it close though, nice but we don't bitch enough.

You look at subaru sales lately, eh? They a market leader or a disruptor? If they didnt have the best AWD they would be hanging out with Saturn, eh.

• I Donated
You look at subaru sales lately, eh? They a market leader or a disruptor? If they didnt have the best AWD they would be hanging out with Saturn, eh.
All their cars are at or near the bottom of the list in their respective categories for features, performance, and driving involvement. But hey, AWD and Eyesight, amirite?

Then I'd buy that other car, eh? Sounds like it's aboot time to abandon the Subbie. I did, years ago, eh!

Wasn't about to make a cross border purchase. And there wasn't much info on the differences between the Canadian and US versions before I bought my car. I had to figure that all out after the fact.

Not sure what any of that has to do with differences in options/trim between markets...

I'm always amused at how brutal and clueless people are who try to use "eh". Both of you are close, you almost got it but it definitely make us laugh when you turn a perfectly good sentence into gibberish with it.

Not sure what any of that has to do with differences in options/trim between markets...

That's my point they are at the bottom and if it wasnt for AWD they would have nothing...

I'm always amused at how brutal and clueless people are who try to use "eh". Both of you are close, you almost got it but it definitely make us laugh when you turn a perfectly good sentence into gibberish with it.

you forgot to apologize :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wasn't about to make a cross border purchase. And there wasn't much info on the differences between the Canadian and US versions before I bought my car. I had to figure that all out after the fact.

No! :lol: Not cross border, eh. Cross BRAND. Leave the Subaru life! It's so much better on the dark side.

And I resent your approach that I don't know what I'm talkin aboot. I'm sorry to be difficult, it's just I worked for the Canadians and they taught me first hand, eh?

Ever occur to you that we are intentionally mis/over-using it out of sarcasm?

No! :lol: Not cross border, eh. Cross BRAND. Leave the Subaru life! It's so much better on the dark side.

And I resent your approach that I don't know what I'm talkin aboot. I'm sorry to be difficult, it's just I worked for the Canadians and they taught me first hand, eh?

I'm happy with my legacy not sure why you are here bashing the brand that this forum is dedicated to. I did say you were close to getting it right.... Not sure who taught you but didn't take more then a minute to teach the Americans I've met. For the record, they asked how to use it correctly.

It's just a modifier, turns a sentence into a question to get a response. Most people/countries I've been to have a compatible word. The Australian I was with I think used the word "hey" at the end of the sentence to do the same thing. Don't quote me on them using that exact word. The Americans I was with did something similar too but I don't remember what it was and I think it changes by region.

Ever occur to you that we are intentionally mis/over-using it out of sarcasm?

Yup. I do understand sarcasm. Like my first post in this thread.

• I Donated
I'm happy with my legacy not sure why you are here bashing the brand that this forum is dedicated to.

Because the name of this forum is legacygt.com, and there hasn't been a Legacy GT in over 5 years. Subaru doesn't care about enthusiasts any more. It just produces toasters.

Archived