LegacyGT.com

Eagle LS2 tire life

I'm at 81k, getting close!! :)

holy moly. are you driving in a test facility with the car jacked up ;)

didn't think they were even rated to go that far. aren't they 60k tires?

good for you if they safely went that far. you are now saved up for a good set of Michellins :cool:

holy moly. are you driving in a test facility with the car jacked up ;)

didn't think they were even rated to go that far. aren't they 60k tires?

good for you if they safely went that far. you are now saved up for a good set of Michellins :cool:

LOL! 90% highway miles! It does make a difference!!

• 9 months later...
we have 34k on our 2017 Leggy and the stock good years are garbage. we rotate every 5k with every oil change. the outsides are wearing badly. they will need to be changed before 50k for sure, but I am happy about that. Was never happy with how they performed, especially in the winter. Going to finally get a quality tire on this car.

I have 36k on the Goodyear tires and they are around 4/32 left. If winter wasn't a thing I could probably get another 10k out of them, but I got a set of Yokohama Avid Ascends to put on in a month that I am looking forward to trying out next. for $80 a piece and rated for 85k, they will have to be absolutely terrible for me not to like them :lol:

If they stink in the winter, Ill probably get snow tires next year, but the LS2's were fine in anything 3 inches or less of accumulated snow on the road so I'd expect the Yoko's to do similarly for at least the first year since they start at 12/32nd tread.

In my opinion, if the tires that come with the car can make it past the 36k warranty and are safe to drive in the rain and light snow then you can't complain too much. The LS2s don't do anymore than that, but I don't think they offer any less either. And considering only people on these forums actually care about tires, 80% of people out there wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a cheap new tire and a really good new tire and would probably think some cheap knockoff tire with a name like "Extreme Road Gripper Deluxe XL+" would be better than a good Michelin (is that the doughboy?) tire. lol

I have 15K and one winter in Colorado on mine. 6/32 remaining. They don't seem like junk but there is no comparison to a set of Michelins. I was going to jump early but hate to throw tires away this early. I look forward to the Michelins, but may go another winter.

Replace mine in July at 52k. Had 5/32 left on the treads, rotated every 6k religiously. Daily driving was ok, winter weather, meh.

Probably didn't want to go through another NE Winter on them, but what finally motivated me to replace them was they were nail/metal magnets. Two had plugs, one had two, and one of those was an inside patch because the tire shop couldn't get it to stop leaking. I think that was the one that started dropping pressure on the hottest day of the year during my nasty commute out of Boston.

Dropped a set of Yoko Advans on the car. Rides and handles so nice now. Sometimes a little loud on some stretches of the highway, but they are also a performance tire.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm considering changing out the stock Goodyears on my wife's '18 Legacy 3.6R. They only have 16,000 miles so far but she does fairly demanding Colorado canyon commuting on a daily basis. Has anybody upgraded to Continental Extreme Contact DWS06? Seems like a very reasonably priced alternative with a good review score on Tirerack.com, especially compared to the stock Goodyears.

I guess we are neighbors... I commute to Boulder. Last years was fine. I have even been in snow over the hood but that's just dumb-I won't willingly do that anymore. I think where I'm at, I'm ok for another season. If I lived in Estes, I would upgrade. I (and many) have had the Conti's DWS and they were great. I would get the Michelin's now however. Those snow over the hood experiences was in a FWD with Michelin Defenders. The Michelin's I got were not that much more expensive (I used Discount tire) and came will a 100 dollar VISA. Also I think they were rated to 90K miles? Something ridiculous. The Contis will do you fine I bet. I did a quick look and the Conti DWS and the Michelin A/S Pilot were about the same price. Good luck either way....

Archived