LegacyGT.com

What else should I look for/inspect/replace during TMIC Bulletproof kit install?

So I am about to undertake the Bulletproof kit installation. Since I am not a fan of tearing things apart more than necessary I would like to know what else to look for or to replace during this repair.

Are there specific hoses/lines that need to be replaced under and around the TMIC that will be easy to do now?

Are there things that break easily or to be careful of during this upgrade?

Words of wisdom for the kit installation?

I have 120k on my LGT wagon at this point.

Thanks in advance!

Just a quick test on your intake manifold and lines condition...

Pull of intake lines, put a 2.75"-3" cup/filler into inlet and close the tube around it. Pull off line going to bypass valve and blow into it. If your intake is closed, the system should hold most pressure. If it holds no pressure, find the leak and fix! If cannot find, cheap smoke test.

I advise replacing the PCV valve and the immediate lines connecting to it. I guarantee if you haven't replaced it before, you probably cannot get just the valve out without braking the lines to it haha.

If the threads on your turbo aren't stripped out yet, put studs into it instead (or just cut a bolt to use as a stud), and use nuts to secure the intercooler down.

This is one of those things that you don't think you need to do until it's too late.

I nearly stripped one of the bolt hole threads on my turbo the first time I took the intercooler off. I have since learned that I need to just push the intercooler over towards the driver side really hard in order for the bolt holes to align.

This is one of those things that you don't think you need to do until it's too late.

I nearly stripped one of the bolt hole threads on my turbo the first time I took the intercooler off. I have since learned that I need to just push the intercooler over towards the driver side really hard in order for the bolt holes to align.

This is the kind of wisdom I am after. Thank you!

Archived