LegacyGT.com

SOA is replacing sticky dash, are there other things to look at while Dash is removed

The sticky dash repair is going to happen even though I am out of warranty, thanks SOA! It will not be free, $197 out of pocket and $750 covered by SOA.

What else should I do or have looked at while this repair is happening? Are there other problems relating to Dash removal that should be sorted while it’s uninstalled?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do heater cores fail eventually? I don't know much about this. They could check that maybe? New cabin filter (you can do that yourself easily without removing the dash tho).

My dash is not sticky but I'm sure I've heard this mentioned before... Was this a 2005-2007 thing?

How did you get them to help you?

Called SOA on the phone and pleaded my case. They called it a "Goodwill gesture". Plus she knows I am the new owner and it's great PR for the brand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do heater cores fail eventually? I don't know much about this. They could check that maybe? New cabin filter (you can do that yourself easily without removing the dash tho).

My dash is not sticky but I'm sure I've heard this mentioned before... Was this a 2005-2007 thing?

Not sure on the model year thing. It's sticky though. Damn thing is a dust magnet! My hand will also stick to it like I have Spider-Man grip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Subaru made you pay for your dash? I got lucky. I called the only Subaru dealership on Oahu. Made an appointment for the air bag recall and I asked them to look at the dash to check and see if it would be covered under the extended warranty. They gave me the ok and got me a new dash free of charge.

Subaru made you pay for your dash? I got lucky. I called the only Subaru dealership on Oahu. Made an appointment for the air bag recall and I asked them to look at the dash to check and see if it would be covered under the extended warranty. They gave me the ok and got me a new dash free of charge.

You are lucky man.

Anyone have issues with the steering wheel center/airbag piece getting sticky/tacky like the dash?

Yes. Mine is always a little sticky. My dash has some sticky areas as well.

Anyway, I had the airbag fix done about a month ago. No mention from the dealership about replacing the dash.

Service: can we get some please?

Sheesh...

j.

Yes. Mine is always a little sticky. My dash has some sticky areas as well.

Anyway, I had the airbag fix done about a month ago. No mention from the dealership about replacing the dash.

Service: can we get some please?

Sheesh...

j.

You would think they would want the $1k they get for the work.

If you call SOA they will help you out. Still cost me some $ but worth it.

I had the same sticky dash issue. I think it still cost me like 500 at my dealer after SOA gave me a "goodwill" coupon for $500 I believe it was. There is an extended warranty on the dashes for 10 years from Subaru. My warranty expired about a month before I really realized I had a sticky dash. At this point likely only people with an '08 or '09 might be covered by the warranty.

• 2 years later...
SOA gave me a credit for the part but wouldnt pay for the entire replacement. Dashpad is under $500 but dealer wanted 11hrs to install. I had it removed in 2-1/2hrs but install was longer. Things have to be installed in a certain order and then decided to do my gauge wiring while everything was accessible. I really couldnt figure out that steering column top cover. That sucker is trapped by design.

IMG_0074R.JPG.ecd42dc8dacff0b24b54cec80197dc75.JPG

IMG_0086R.thumb.jpg.5152892fd4576f4756bfcf0f0f5bd24d.jpg

IMG_0091R.thumb.jpg.7c65e2f2be133baf78424142762e7a34.jpg