LegacyGT.com

Vent Boost Gauge (Digital Led Bars & numerics)

lossol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scooby2.5 - Thanks for the review, looking good! Glad you are liking it.

Still looking for a beta tester for the 5th Gen LGT. 100 bucks off price of the gauge. Just need some install pictures and some feedback. Gauge is ready. PM me for coupon code.

http://gtboostgauge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=33

http://gtboostgauge.com/shop/images/IMAG0439.jpg

VBG1 gauges available at www.gtboostgauge.com

Actually the productions ones are ready to go in small quantities. I ended up buying a vent for the 5th GEN LGT so I could develop the gauge and check fitment. But since I don't have the whole car I have no idea what other pitfalls we may encounter.

Hoping to get a few beta testers on board to snap some pictures for the install manual and give some feedback, hints, or tricks.

1.05 seems pretty solid now - so it's being shipped... pick up the "update cable" and get free firmware upgrades for the life of the gauge.

Wow - that new plx touch gauge looks cool - i believe it's the DM-6. They have a capacitive touch interface now too!

Looking around at the PLX site I got to thinking they do all their data transfer via the

iMFD Serial Protocol - which is well documented on their site. Now that the latest hardware version of the VBG1 has a serial port - we should be able to lift data from that bus.... so lets just say I think PLX SM AFR compatibility will be put on the firmware "to-do" list.

1.05 seems pretty solid now - so it's being shipped... pick up the "update cable" and get free firmware upgrades for the life of the gauge.

Wow - that new plx touch gauge looks cool - i believe it's the DM-6. They have a capacitive touch interface now too!

Looking around at the PLX site I got to thinking they do all their data transfer via the

iMFD Serial Protocol - which is well documented on their site. Now that the latest hardware version of the VBG1 has a serial port - we should be able to lift data from that bus.... so lets just say I think PLX SM AFR compatibility will be put on the firmware "to-do" list.

I have a PLX SM-AFR2 and a DM-6, as well as the VBG 1.05 beta, so definitely let me know when you want to mess around with that.

I have a PLX SM-AFR2 and a DM-6, as well as the VBG 1.05 beta, so definitely let me know when you want to mess around with that.

Great! I plan on starting on this soon. I wasn't sure how popular the plx style gauges are, but looking into them, I like the way the provide all sensor data on one serial link. They also seem to be running the serial interface on a 3.3 V system (same as VBG1) this is great for compatibility.

So does the DM-6 have a TX out line - in other words how do you get two DM-6 displays on the same data stream?

any upgrade program for those of us on 1.04 or below that want to update to newer firmware. ?

Great question, I will am offering a 100 discount to those who trade in an older VBG1 complete gauge setup. Simply mail your old gauge in with your contact info and I will send you a coupon for 100 off a new gauge. Or buy a new gauge from the site and mail the old gauge in within 60 days and I will refund you 100 bucks.

There are daisy chain style cable adapters you use to connect multiple devices. I've never actually done it, so I don't know the exact configuration.

"The Y splitter is used to connect two displays in parallel. Our DM-6 does not have an output (unlike our other displays). For example, if you have two DM-6 and one DM-100OBD2, you can plug in the Y splitter to your DM-100OBD2 and then connect the DM-6 RX cable to the Y splitter."

"The DM-6 display needs a 8V power supply which is built into the SM-AFR GEN 2. Using the DM-6 with another sensor module will require a 8V voltage converter between the sensor module and the DM-6. We include the 8V voltage converter with the DM-6 if you buy the standalone DM-6. However, if you are buying the SM-AFR/DM-6 Combo, there is no need for the 8V converter since the SM-AFR is already supplying 8V output. For that reason, we don't include the 8V converter with the SM-AFR/DM-6 Combo."

PLX SM-AFR2 and a DM-6 is on order for development. The goal is to read the PLX data stream so the VBG1 can present PLX AFR info. Previously VBG1 was only compatible with AFR info via LC-1.

Quick bump - still looking for 5G-LGT beta testers. PM if interested.

Pm sent for 5th gen beta testing :)

I have the analog out for logging currently, so I have a stereo Y plug on the SM-AFR box and that is the terminated box. That Y feeds the upstream boxes and an analog to USB module. When I had the SM-AFR as the upstream module, the various logging programs did not know how to separate out the AFR signal. So I had to run it at the end. I am guessing this will be the same, and for logging and sending the signal to your gauge there will have to be two splitters
:spin:

Thanks to ShadowImg and praedet for the PLX cable info - that makes sense about the Y-splitter, and it looks like they include one in the SM-AFR2 / DM-6 combo kit. That should be in by tomorrow so the mystery will be over soon.

Any more research into the zeitronix zt2?

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Hey lossol this is awesome, I was gonna buy a RHD one from your store as you only have 1 left. However I see you are creating a 1.5 version.

Is this just the software? If I purchase the 1.4 RHD one from your site can I upgrade it to 1.5?

Hey Lossol, just checking in again, how far off are the 1.5 RHD versions?

Lossol, any chance of that center-vent display? I'd like to add a wideband, but don't want to lose my oil pressure gauge.

Still working on a compact concept that will fit in this vent...It will still be a while though, still working out some design decisions. I will most likely keep the gauge pretty simple with options to display afr via analog input or PLX protocol.

Speaking of which...

I got my PLX AFR-2 combo kit in the mail with a DM-6. Not sure what I did wrong but I think i bricked by DM-6 somehow by entering the configurations menu and then cutting power. The DM-6 no longer displays anything on the OLED except the start up splash screen, and the LEDs seem to display the AFR correctly...hmmm. Anyone else seen anything like that? Probably wasnt a good idea to remove power in the middle of configuring it.

Not a big deal - I really just needed the SM-AFR 2 to produce the serial data stream so I could test the VBG1 with it.

Hey Lossol, just checking in again, how far off are the 1.5 RHD versions?

Probably a few ready by late next week!

Any more research into the zeitronix zt2?

Sorry I didn't implement this earlier, the change wasn't too hard to make.