LegacyGT.com

Sigmafour Sleeper

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... a video which was filmed in 2013 but only recently made available online.

Apparently, once is never enough... :)

Car looks nice, even then. And, nicely shot piece.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Wow. Talk about a sleeper. As much as I love a sleeper I don't think I could keep my car that stock looking on the exterior! I would at least need to change up the wheels. Looking forward to the future of this car.

With that much power how is your transmission holding up?

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

• 2 years later...
  • I Donated Too
Wow. Talk about a sleeper. As much as I love a sleeper I don't think I could keep my car that stock looking on the exterior! I would at least need to change up the wheels. Looking forward to the future of this car.

With that much power how is your transmission holding up?

I know it's been a while but I just noticed this question and honestly... I have stripped - and I mean STRIPPED 5th gear, not once but twice. Turned both pieces of 5th gear into washers!

• 1 month later...
I know it's been a while but I just noticed this question and honestly... I have stripped - and I mean STRIPPED 5th gear, not once but twice. Turned both pieces of 5th gear into washers!

albeit big, beefy washers, but washers nonetheless. :)

Time for some PPG and or dogbox setup.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • I Donated Too

albeit big, beefy washers, but washers nonetheless. :)

Time for some PPG and or dogbox setup.

I did it again. 3rd time... this time I was in 5th gear not changing gear like the previous times... mashed throttle and built boost immediately and turned 5th into another set of washers... I can't keep doing this anymore...

I have learned my lesson. It's six speed gearbox time.

• I Donated Too

Invested in this car for so long, am not going to quit now! I have to update the other build thread - I think this is the first one that is with the stock engine... When the gearbox arrives I will start to document it all but not doing much that hasn't been done before.

this car STILL makes me excited and smile - it's still like new inside, apart from a slightly frayed floor mat... It all works (with the exception of 5th gear is now a hole) and it's only getting better but still very good at hitting me in the pocket.

• I Donated Too
The new 6MT arrives tomorrow - it's been sitting in UPS Freight waiting, they wanted to deliver it yesterday but I am taking tomorrow and Friday off work to get a head start on the work so asked them for a Thursday delivery. I will start to update my other build thread and post some pictures there once I get really into it... I think I have most of the parts on hand I will need... flywheel arrives tomorrow too, and the ACT clutch arrived last week. Oh what fun... Edited by sigmafour
Edit - "NEW" to me...

• I Donated Too

This thread was the first build of the original engine which eventually broke just a tiny little bit here:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/help-my-sleeper-wont-wake-up-249225p3.html

and so I built it again, five years ago... really really strong here:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/sigmafour-sleeper-build-number-2-259456.html

And this is the build which is now busy working through as many 5th gears as it can consume...

• 2 months later...