LegacyGT.com

Radiator question

So I have an 05 LGT and just recently had to replace the radiator due to a stupid mistake while doing other work on the car. Anyways question is, is that top line on the passenger side of the radiator suppose to be plugged? The "original" one that was in the car that broke was blocked off, but the replacement radiator isnt blocked. Which one is normal? Here's the line circled in red. Thanks for any and all help!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/matrixmanvvtl_i/Screenshot_2016-10-01-22-39-09.jpg

Coolant is supposed to flow through those two hoses.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge but what's the downside of having that line plugged? It's flowing now but I don't know how long that line was plugged at the radiator. I've only had the car for a few months now

I don't understand why it would be plugged ? Your asking about the hose that feeds the turbo coolant tank.

I'll link the service manual, may be it will help you.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

I see your new here, I hope the car is tuned for that intake ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I don't understand why it would be plugged ? Your asking about the hose that feeds the turbo coolant tank.

I'll link the service manual, may be it will help you.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

I see your new here, I hope the car is tuned for that intake ?

Thanks for your concern about the intake but yes it is tuned for it!! But back on topic about that hose. I don't understand why it was plugged either, maybe previous owner got an aftermarket replacement, just wanted to know what damage if any could've been caused by it. Thanks

I really don't understand why it was blocked. I would assume the cooling system would not work correctly if that hose is blocked and not getting coolant.

I'm scratching my head trying to understand this.

Your fairly close to Mike, aka m sprank, a trusted member here. PM him. his web site is www.infamousperformance.net you'll want to get to know him.

Tell him I sent you.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

How was it "plugged" or "blocked" off? Are you sure it wasn't flowing before?

I think Max is at a loss for words because if those lines aren't flowing to the turbo coolant reservoir, your turbo would be getting just cooked all the time.

Yes ditto^

Ive NEVER seen that!

Im gonna bet it was a mistake from an aos install

Only thing i can think of

Which would b retarded and kaboom the turbo then the engine

Man how was this car running before? Like with those lines plugged or closed?!

Btw make sure to throw some RESPECK on it when your talking to max

He is def one of the most exp guys on here

Hes just trying to help u

He is one of the subi wizards on this forum that we all are lucky to have!

Respect! Lol

Yea it's real hard to explain but pretty much there was what appeared to be a metal piece inside that nipple on the radiator, and the replacement radiator was open at the same nipple. Everything seems to be flowing properly now. Filled up the radiator first, then the overflow tank and then topped off at the turbo reservoir, left that cap off until car got up to operating temp. I hope the turbo isn't messed up. Car has 83000 miles.

By the way.. I apologize if I came off as rude in my previous post, don't want to piss any of the senior members off, I know you guys are full of knowledge and I plan on using you guys for some of it!! Thanks for the help fellas

All good, no problems.

I recommend you carry a gallon of coolant with you for a couple day's. Just to make sure you have enough coolant in the over flow tank once all the air is out of the system.

Keep an eye on that level.

Archived