LegacyGT.com

Side light not working

It looks like those should be 168 bulbs? The lighting thread says "w5w", 12v-5w . Other threads say 194 and 168 will both fit, but 168 bulbs are 5 watts and 194's are only about 3, less bright.

It depends on who makes them really. They're so inexpensive I don't think it matters. If you compare a 194 with a 168 they can either have a long filament held by 2 support stems or a shorter filament with a single stem. The only place where it would really make a difference is in older gauge clusters where these bulbs were used. A 168 could possibly damage the plastic or make part of the cluster look brighter. Either one will work. These are also used for the license plate and the outer markers in the rear. 9fc29b9d681d90a348a78c4621fc0547.jpg2a92a92cb9d47c2c80350a321b299032.jpgfdfb6d9352ce7d9f6c0ee18969c62ef0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

I've found the bulbs, but I have some hard time taking the old ones out. Should they just pop up? I'm afraid to pull them hard enough to destroy the wires.

When in doubt, RTFM ... Legacy/Outback Owners Manual, Chapter 11. If still in doubt, have somebody who's done it before show you how.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

They should pop straight out.

Are you sure? That's true when removing wedge-base lamps from their sockets, but not for removing the sockets from their housings.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png