LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

I like the first one and last one..... the middle one with the notch looks a little odd. The last one will give you the best downforce might help keep the car a little more solid on the highway. Course the last one will need to be drilled the other 2 are probably 3m tape. That last one the wing does it say it works on our 6th gen? Does it come painted? Got a link? Also wonder if it will restrict viewing never had a wing that big on any car. You have peeked my interest in it now.

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

I was thinking the same thing too. I've never had a wing on my car that big EVER lol. A guy in a red 6th gen flew past me with one on the back of his car. It was one of those blink and you miss it. I think I was more in shock that someone actually did it. I can't confirm if it looked dope cause he was going the other way.

From the photos I've seen, it's looks about an inch off from the edge of the trunk lid itself but the wing tip itself does stop at the edge of the trunk body, if that makes sense.

I'm trying to stick with the OEM STI wing versus an eBay knock off. You can get the full piece from any Subaru dealer online part store of the like. It retails between $450-500. I was trying to look on the nasoic forum to see if someone was selling one but that site was overwhelming. Seibon has a carbon fiber one that goes for $575-600 depending on the seller and Subispeed.com has a few for various prices. Their Google reviews make me nervous about buying from them. I'm still searching around though. Maybe I can find one used.

I'm also thinking about the spoiler from the impreza sport sedan but that one also costs a pretty penny too. The Parts manager at a dealership told me i couldnt buy it because you have to own the car with that spoiler. Weird but ok. The part number is 96061FL00ANN but that's for the ice silver color.

20e8220369c960787177b29a31b76dd5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I like the looks of the one on the White Car..What Brand is that and is it a JDM Spoiler?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I don't really know. It popped up on some Chinese seller site Aliexpress.com. I just did a random subaru legacy search.

I don't really know. It popped up on some Chinese seller site Aliexpress.com. I just did a random subaru legacy search.

That’s the spoiler I have on MY17,fit is not perfect but it looks good.

IMG_5578.thumb.jpg.044cc16dce8499b1c9cf930eec3f5dc4.jpg

Edited by PATS4LIFE

I had the dealer replaced my car steering rack months ago(maybe 6-7months)due to rattling ,well just a few days ago I’m starting to hear the rattle again but it’s not really loud yet so most likely it’ll go back to dealership again
Did they replace the whole rack or just that problematic spring?

Did they replace the whole rack or just that problematic spring?

First they just replaced the spring,but a month later rattle came back so they replaced the rack assembly,few months later I started hearing the rattle again a few days ago,I hear it more when first driving car in the morning about 15-20mph even on small bumps.

Decided to go out for a slice of pizza; ended up spending two hours at Wawa trying to get my TPMS light to go away only to have the police follow me home. All of this on a empty stomach, I was ready to start crying like a baby.

Side note: vortex generator came in the mail and I decided to go with a carbon fiber version of the Subaru Impreza rear spoiler.d1939ec86bea5339268811144b5f0f8b.jpg

That really sucks but hey at least the spoiler came in finally.

—————————————————

HPS intake, Nameless Axleback Exhaust, SSD FSB, Cusco RSB, 20mm rear sway bar, Voxx 18” rims, Infinity Kappa system,

More to come...

Decided to go out for a slice of pizza; ended up spending two hours at Wawa trying to get my TPMS light to go away only to have the police follow me home. All of this on a empty stomach, I was ready to start crying like a baby.

Side note: vortex generator came in the mail and I decided to go with a carbon fiber version of the Subaru Impreza rear spoiler.

Can we see that spoiler once you install it?

Why did you leave Wawa hungry? What about what you posted was worth crying over? Cops? If you’re not doing anything illegal, [forget about] them!

I used to get followed in my previous STI. I usually ignore them unless they’re being anuses. If they’re all up on my bumper, for instance, I usually pull over and let them pass. I don’t need to be baited into speeding or hit when they can’t brake in time during an emergency.

One of the great things about driving a Legacy is that NO ONE, including the cops, even gives me a second look.

Edited by gathermewool

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Side note: vortex generator came in the mail and I decided to go with a carbon fiber version of the Subaru Impreza rear spoiler.d1939ec86bea5339268811144b5f0f8b.jpg

If that's a True Impreza Spoiler it's a Little Small for our Trunk.. I did some measurements when it first came out.. TPMS light comes on when tires are below 28lbs I believe.. Just stop and top off the air..[emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

Have someone tried this spoiler? I'm thinking to purchase it for my 16 basic model, and was wondering if that's the same as in Limited or Premium trims.

https://www.subaruonlineparts.com/sku/e721sal000w7.html3305989308e3bb88292fce4678642997.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Trunks are the same so it should fit..[emoji41][emoji41]

This weekend I replaced my whiteline lowering springs setup with BC BR series coilovers. It wasn't too awful of a job to do by myself but took much longer than I thought it would.

The whitelines were too low in the front and left the car kinda raked. With the stock shocks the setup is oversprung so the ride was crappy. I am waiting for an alignment Monday but an initial shakedown run with them set to middle soft/hard proved much better ride quality. I've never had coilovers before but these seemed pretty high quality regardless of the low price point ($995).

• 2 weeks later...

365+ days later I finally washed my car by hand...but I think I messed up my headlights trying to refinish them myself. If you guys have any thoughts on how I can fix it, I am grateful.619a578644899b4b165201904d04c897.jpgfe4a529f9baa1a229e16b49b6dcd2892.jpgdf83ebcbcef1c5f316db3b86136e558b.jpg

365+ days later I finally washed my car by hand...but I think I messed up my headlights trying to refinish them myself. If you guys have any thoughts on how I can fix it, I am grateful.619a578644899b4b165201904d04c897.jpgfe4a529f9baa1a229e16b49b6dcd2892.jpgdf83ebcbcef1c5f316db3b86136e558b.jpg

Maybe try to get some Mothers Plastic Polish or Headlight restore kit.. What did you use on the Headlights?