LegacyGT.com

HOW TO: 2015 Subaru Legacy Door Panel Removal and Component Speaker Install

• 10 months later...
Great info I’ve been looking up speakers for a while now I’ve got a question to those that have added amps for there speakers with stock head units if any of u have that is. When running the line level converters are you able to still use the EQ of the stock head unit. This would be a deal breaker for me if this can’t be done. I did see Rockford Fosgate makes a converter app driven w a bunch of settings but the app isn’t stable. New head unit would loose the extra settings to our light systems and whatnot. So then if we can’t go use the EQ the next step would be to have a head unit in the armrest which I did once a long time ago in a car that’s long gone.

Great info I’ve been looking up speakers for a while now I’ve got a question to those that have added amps for there speakers with stock head units if any of u have that is. When running the line level converters are you able to still use the EQ of the stock head unit. This would be a deal breaker for me if this can’t be done. I did see Rockford Fosgate makes a converter app driven w a bunch of settings but the app isn’t stable. New head unit would loose the extra settings to our light systems and whatnot. So then if we can’t go use the EQ the next step would be to have a head unit in the armrest which I did once a long time ago in a car that’s long gone.
I used the ARC Audio PCM So I could use my stock head unit. I believe you should be able to use your EQ with that Module because I can still use my Bass n Treble settings..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks a bunch man I would love a unit like that sadly it’s pc only and my laptops a Mac... love the parametric eq but u have given me hope being able to use the stock eq and amp settings I should be able to get the sound I’m looking for. Now time for lots of research been at least a decade since I made an audiophile grade car system.

Thanks a bunch man I would love a unit like that sadly it’s pc only and my laptops a Mac... love the parametric eq but u have given me hope being able to use the stock eq and amp settings I should be able to get the sound I’m looking for. Now time for lots of research been at least a decade since I made an audiophile grade car system.
I believe Audio Control makes a Unit as well..

Awesome thread, does Metra make a plug and play harness for the dash corner speakers, or just the door speakers? Crutchfield stated they had no harness available for front dash corner and I would have to chop wires.

Awesome thread, does Metra make a plug and play harness for the dash corner speakers, or just the door speakers? Crutchfield stated they had no harness available for front dash corner and I would have to chop wires.
I'm not quite sure.. I had my Audip professionally installed so not sure how he did the speaker wiring.. I know he left my Center Speaker connected to the Stock Amp and ran the Tweeters and Doors off my 4 channel amp..

You probably shouldn’t use the stock wire for the dash tweeters or you won’t be able to use crossovers I’d recommend running the wires. In 2 weeks I’ll be installing a full infinity kappa system running all new wires I’ll let u know how much of a pain it is when I’m done. I still need to see where to drill though anyone got a pic of the firewall in and out of their amp wire?

You probably shouldn’t use the stock wire for the dash tweeters or you won’t be able to use crossovers I’d recommend running the wires. In 2 weeks I’ll be installing a full infinity kappa system running all new wires I’ll let u know how much of a pain it is when I’m done. I still need to see where to drill though anyone got a pic of the firewall in and out of their amp wire?

I did mine by the front drivers side wheel well - there’s a grommet you’re can go in through there. Pretty easy, and there are already cable holders there for other wires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Question for u about the kappa crossovers. Did u set them on +2 or 0 . I’m working on my install I set mine on 0 but Installed the fronts under each panel by your feet so I can change it if needed. I’m just thinking once it’s all together I wanted to tune it w/o the gain. Wondering your thoughts now that you have run them for a few years.

—————————————————

HPS intake, SSD Front Strut bar, Cusco Rear Strut Bar, Voxx 18” rims,

More to come...

I’ll replacing all four door speakers & dash tweeters with Rockford fosgate,

Would it be ok if I can just leave the stock tweeters connected and install the rockford tweeters with the rear door speakers?thanks

Dash Speakers are Stock 3.5's... So you can upgrade those to match your doors if they make Fosgate 3.5's.. It's always good to match your speakers if all possible.. When I change my current setup only unmatched speakers will be my subs. Because I still want to use a Slim Design for Trunk Space so there are limited Slim Subs, but I've found a good brand..[emoji48][emoji48]

Dash Speakers are Stock 3.5's... So you can upgrade those to match your doors if they make Fosgate 3.5's.. It's always good to match your speakers if all possible.. When I change my current setup only unmatched speakers will be my subs. Because I still want to use a Slim Design for Trunk Space so there are limited Slim Subs, but I've found a good brand..[emoji48][emoji48]

Ah ok I thought the dash were tweeters,I’ll check for 3.5”s fosgate,

Also thinking of putting 2 shallow mount 10inch subs under the front seats.

When u get ur rockfords think about choosing component sets. You will have to run the wire down from the tweeter which is real easy, and fab a mount which isn’t that hard. The worst part will be cutting the line going into the head unit to use that to go to the crossover cuz it’s from the door and tweeter which is why u use a new wire for tweeter. Then just hide the crossover under the dash and run a wire back to the head unit. Doing the install this way ensure the crossover does it’s job.

—————————————————

HPS intake, SSD Front Strut bar, Cusco Rear Strut Bar, Voxx 18” rims,

More to come...

Ah ok I thought the dash were tweeters,I’ll check for 3.5”s fosgate,

Also thinking of putting 2 shallow mount 10inch subs under the front seats.

Sorry but there's not enough room.. Under passenger seat is the Stock Stereo Amp.. Your going to have to get Custom Shallow Corner boxes built for the trunk..That would be your best bet.

Sorry but there's not enough room.. Under passenger seat is the Stock Stereo Amp.. Your going to have to get Custom Shallow Corner boxes built for the trunk..That would be your best bet.

I don’t have factory amp,but ya I just checked I don’t think it’ll have too either way,I guess no choice but trunk.