LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

Well guys... The LGT is officially gone. The guy that bought it could potentially end up on here...who knows. It'll confuse the shit outta y'all though because we have the same name.
Dont be a stranger. I always enjoyed your contributions and banter. And I want to hear about how the Stinger does over time.

Roger that. 10lbs of banter in a 5lb bag.

On that note, how about some good ol' fashioned enabling:

Anyone 'round here without a tune in their life need an AP v2 for use or trade-in for a v3?

Got mine listed for sale: AP-SUB-003 v2 for sale.

Keep it and trade it in on a V3 when Cobb does a tune/AP for the Stinger. It's worth about 200-250 on th free market, and 350 if you trade up. Edited by GTEASER

Keep it and trade it in on a V3 when Cobb does a tune/AP for the Stinger.

My understanding, according to the Cobb site, is that they won't do the trade between different models. i.e. an AP-SUB-003 v2 can only be used to trade up to an AP-SUB-003 v3, not to an "AP-KIA-001" if such a thing should ever exist (current tuning solutions are sensor piggyback chips)

It'll probably be a while before I feel like it needs more powah (i'm not naive enough to think I'll never feel that way). However...It's already stupid fast. It goes like a scalded cat. 100 smiles per gallon :wub:

Checked a bunch of things off the Fozzy's list this weekend so far....VEI trans and water temp gauge install, Primitive 4EAT skid plate and STi front strut bar...., now hoping to check off some things from the GT's list tomorrow.

d7b1c599ba0dc109f9004785746eec5d.jpg9c5e71b4ac62df74abf803649d8a0d80.jpg6e5cb5454cb45ea72d513be71ec3f3ef.jpg

...thinking about finally picking up a power washer. I've looked at the ST Blue, Sun Joe and the regular Greenworks stuff in Lowe's/Home Depot. Anyone have any suggestions on a solid electric power washer?

I have and would recommend this one https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-2-000-PSI-1-2-GPM-Electric-Pressure-Washer-RY141900/205566055

The pictures of the white lattice top fence and the red paver walkway are mine and require lots of run time. No problems yet. It works well on the cars too.

Edited by DugsSin

My understanding, according to the Cobb site, is that they won't do the trade between different models. i.e. an AP-SUB-003 v2 can only be used to trade up to an AP-SUB-003 v3, not to an "AP-KIA-001" if such a thing should ever exist (current tuning solutions are sensor piggyback chips)

It'll probably be a while before I feel like it needs more powah (i'm not naive enough to think I'll never feel that way). However...It's already stupid fast. It goes like a scalded cat. 100 smiles per gallon :wub:

The trade up won't work... but you can send in your whatever model and they'll reprogram it... eg I had one for mazda and they flashed it to subaru. It cost me about 100usd... then I traded it for a v3 :)

is there any trunk spoiler, that would cover the oem spoiler holes... i want something more "duck bill" off the trunk but I can't find one that goes deep enough.

eg.... https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Universal-4-5ft-Carbon-Fiber-PU-Car-Rear-Roof-Trunk-Spoiler-Wing-Lip-Sticker-Kit/191999146735?fits=Model%3ALegacy&hash=item2cb40a7aef:g:7VIAAOSwmLlX7W1A&vxp=mtr

is there any trunk spoiler, that would cover the oem spoiler holes... i want something more "duck bill" off the trunk but I can't find one that goes deep enough.

eg.... https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Universal-4-5ft-Carbon-Fiber-PU-Car-Rear-Roof-Trunk-Spoiler-Wing-Lip-Sticker-Kit/191999146735?fits=Model%3ALegacy&hash=item2cb40a7aef:g:7VIAAOSwmLlX7W1A&vxp=mtr

Just do it right and get the holes filled, and painted at the same time you get the spoiler sprayed?

Then you don't have to compromise...

Friend just picked up a Hunter Hawkeye Elite wheel alignment machine with a full rack with a swing air jacks. I got a little demo and training on it. I realize this is more user friendly then his old wheel alignment machine. Edited by amusa

what size shim/spacer can I run before I need to extend the bolts?... eg I might need a shim for the brembos.. I assume with a 5mm I should still be able to use the oem studs.
Just buy a set of 20mm hubsentric spacers. Way safer and the car will look 1000x better having the wheel sit a bit more flush. I've had mine for 3 years. No issues .dab904f0a4e5f983cbb24b45ab414ad9.jpg

Still trying to track down my "oil leak". I was going to change the oil cooler gasket during my oil change today. But I lost the gasket I bought. haha I may just take it to the dealer and ask them what's leaking.

uh... I had the same hunt last March. I ended up with an entire new engine with a FMIC! Reminds me of that joke about the guy who went shopping for a tampon for his wife and ended up in the sports store :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

uh... I had the same hunt last March. I ended up with an entire new engine with a FMIC! Reminds me of that joke about the guy who went shopping for a tampon for his wife and ended up in the sports store :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I hope it's not that. It's a 3.6 and I really enjoy it, I'd hate to have to sell it. haha

Do these top hats look normal? Brand new Monroe installed last week with my Konis. I can’t remember if the OEM ones looked like this. Thoughts? They just looking like they’re really bulging to me and I don’t know if that’s normal or not.

634c5cf74260bb75f525b061d1b82caf.jpga273dfdfedc8d21db9f688a468a5d2b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk