LegacyGT.com

5th Gen GT Finds

• 2 weeks later...

My baby is for sale... :( :( :(

Engine work needed, price reflects this ($6k). I am unbelievably sad. Mileage is high, but almost entirely highway (80 miles a day to/from work). Mods are tasteful and extensive. Lots of extras thrown in with the deal. Help me find her a good home!!!

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/wilmington-ma-2010-subaru-legacy-gt-engine-work-needed-263225.html

Engine work needed, price reflects this ($6k). I am unbelievably sad. Mileage is high, but almost entirely highway (80 miles a day to/from work). Mods are tasteful and extensive. Lots of extras thrown in with the deal. Help me find her a good home!!!

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/wilmington-ma-2010-subaru-legacy-gt-engine-work-needed-263225.html

Whaaa, no way. Head gasket issues :mad: I gotta say Im very sorry to see this. You passing me on 93 and revving up the engine is what led me to this forum in the first place. I really hope you can find a way to keep it or at least get a fair price for a great car!

Whaaa, no way. Head gasket issues :mad: I gotta say Im very sorry to see this. You passing me on 93 and revving up the engine is what led me to this forum in the first place. I really hope you can find a way to keep it or at least get a fair price for a great car!

I know... it's been a tough couple of days... I love this car like no other I have ever owned, it's been really fantastic. But with a new home, and the prospects of a family on the horizon, I think it's time to part ways with my baby. If you know of any worthy owners, send them my way! I just want to find a good home for her now, with an owner who will love and appreciate her the way that I have!

That sucks about the motor. It seems like you have about $6k in mods; It's almost like a free car. If someone wants to put in some sweat equity they should have good car. GLWS.

Someone totaled their 2010 Legacy GT recently. The pictures are from where they had the accident on the highway. Best offer.

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/6199618378.html

"Brand new (seriously. I put them on two months ago) Hankooks on 17" rims. (just paid $700 for them)"

Looks like he still has the stock wheels, so those should be 18's.

That sucks about the motor. It seems like you have about $6k in mods; It's almost like a free car. If someone wants to put in some sweat equity they should have good car. GLWS.

Spent way more than $6k on this car :eek::wub:, but just considering the brakes, suspension and wheels/rubber, I think it's reasonably priced... obviously there's an investment aspect that makes it more complicated, but given how much I love this car, I just want to find the right owner to bring her back! It's a unique sleeper that has been thoughtfully built and well cared for. Hopefully whoever buys her gives me visitation rights! :lol:

LMAO! "title status: clean"

Unless an insurance company totals it out, the title doesn't get altered.

Looks like the hit got the radiator... (there's cat litter or some sort of absorbant all in front of the car) wonder if it reached the engine...

How much would an engine rebuild cost? Or what would it cost to get a reliable engine replacement? I understand that it all depends, but what is the range? Just curious.

If you're having someone else do it, with new parts. I wouldn't be surprised if it was $4K+ by time your all said and done.

By yourself might could get under 3K. Depends on how much has to be rebuilt (short block vs long block, new vs old turbo etc)