LegacyGT.com

FS (MA): Subaru Cross Bars & Trunk Liner for 05-09 Wagons

Hey y’all - trading in my ‘09 OBXT today for a new family hauler. Don’t need these parts so I’m looking for a quick sale to get them out of my basement. Both items in good used condition, just need a little elbow grease to look like new again. Prices are cash/picked up. Don’t mind arranging shipping, but please serious inquiries only if you want me to calculate shipping (and also let me know your zip code). Any questions, just let me know. Thanks!

Pair of Subaru cross bars for Outback roof rails - $75

Subaru weatherproof trunk mat (tan) - $50

Subaru wagon trunk net - $25 ***SOLD***

I also have a set of 17x8 Enkei PF01’s in silver, with Sumitomo HTR ZIII summer tires that prob have one good season left on them. Haven’t decided whether I’ll sell them, or take the tires off and keep them as spares for the LGT, but let me know if you’re interested.

Edit - photos attached down thread.

Edited by Underdog

Hey MC! Yeah I haven’t been on here much in the past few years. I actually kinda lost interest in cars as a hobby all together for a little while. Just so much else going on that is far more important. Still - it’s nice to return to wrenching every now and then. We’ll see if the new daily stokes the fire.

It’s a ‘19 Accord 2.0T with the 10AT. In many ways it is everything I wanted in the (then stock) ‘06 LGT I bought 13 years ago, with the obvious differences being FWD vs AWD, and choosing the automatic. But since I still have the LGT, it’s really the best of both worlds.

Edited by Underdog

Don't buy from Underdog (Rick). Very dishonest seller that won't own up to his mistakes. He charged me $25 + $4 shipping for a used Subaru net and did not include the necessary mounting hardware which makes this net worthless.

Email conversation follows.....

Chris writes - Hi Rick,

Just went to install the cargo net and realized that parts are missing. Since those parts are probably still attached to the car you traded in I’m going to have to ask for a refund. I’ve attached the install instructions so you can see what parts I’m talking about.

Rick writes - I just responded in the forum. I understand what parts you are talking about. If you want to ship it back to me I will refund you the original $25. Sorry for the confusion, the parts were sold as pictured and listed, and I definitely understand your frustration.

Chris writes - I want the $29 refunded. If you want the net back you should pay shipping. I shouldn’t be expected to pay shipping and get nothing in return. You sent an incomplete product.

Rick says - I sold a product as-is and included pictures of what was included. It is unfortunate for both of us and I am willing to work with you on an outcome that is less shitty for both of us, however I am not willing to refund the full $29 nor the $25 without receiving the item back. I feel that it’s fair for you to receive the price of the net ($25) if you return it to me. The extra $4 was a partial offset of shipping and PayPal costs, and it is non-refundable. If you don’t want to spend $8 (or less of you want to send it via lesser service) to get $25 back then I understand.

I have disputed the purchase with PayPal. Luckily I used "goods and services" this time. But a normal person would've provided an immediate refund instead of making me go through this hassle. I recommend the moderators suspend Underdog's ability to sell in the forum classifieds.

Don't buy from Underdog (Rick). Very dishonest seller that won't own up to his mistakes. He charged me $25 + $4 shipping for a used Subaru net and did not include the necessary mounting hardware which makes this net worthless.

Email conversation follows.....

Chris writes - Hi Rick,

Just went to install the cargo net and realized that parts are missing. Since those parts are probably still attached to the car you traded in I’m going to have to ask for a refund. I’ve attached the install instructions so you can see what parts I’m talking about.

Rick writes - I just responded in the forum. I understand what parts you are talking about. If you want to ship it back to me I will refund you the original $25. Sorry for the confusion, the parts were sold as pictured and listed, and I definitely understand your frustration.

Chris writes - I want the $29 refunded. If you want the net back you should pay shipping. I shouldn’t be expected to pay shipping and get nothing in return. You sent an incomplete product.

Rick says - I sold a product as-is and included pictures of what was included. It is unfortunate for both of us and I am willing to work with you on an outcome that is less shitty for both of us, however I am not willing to refund the full $29 nor the $25 without receiving the item back. I feel that it’s fair for you to receive the price of the net ($25) if you return it to me. The extra $4 was a partial offset of shipping and PayPal costs, and it is non-refundable. If you don’t want to spend $8 (or less of you want to send it via lesser service) to get $25 back then I understand.

I have disputed the purchase with PayPal. Luckily I used "goods and services" this time. But a normal person would've provided an immediate refund instead of making me go through this hassle. I recommend the moderators suspend Underdog's ability to sell in the forum classifieds.

Thanks for providing the full transcript Chris. I will be declining to refund you via PayPal. I have been selling parts here since 2006 and have never had a negative experience, buying or selling, until you.

Edited by Underdog

Thanks for providing the full transcript Chris. I will be declining to refund you via PayPal. I have been selling parts here since 2006 and have never had a negative experience, buying or selling, until you.

Sure, I'm the bad guy because you sold an incomplete item that cannot be used. The parts you left out are proprietary and cannot be purchased separately. The item is worthless without them. I hope you leave this conversation up and don't delete it. Most people will tell you that you're wrong. And it's a crappy way to treat a fellow forum member who dealt with you in good faith.

The Subaru part number is F551SAG000 for anyone that's following this. And it cannot be installed without the provided anchors.

Did you receive the item pictured?

If you knew there were additional parts required, why didn’t you ask about them? This is called due diligence.

Did I offer you a refund for the item?

Do shipping and PayPal costs typically get refunded where there were mistakes made on both sides?

This isn’t amazon - you don’t get to keep the item and get a refund. You shipping it back and me refunding you $25 means we both lose money, but at least you are made whole on the cost of the item. I feel that that’s fair. Rather than continuing to reply “in good faith” you filed a claim with PayPal and came on the forum to impugn my name. So now we will go through the process. *shrug*

Then do a full refund through PayPal. They should refund your seller fees.

Do your due diligence as a seller in the future and make a complete listing. It's not the buyer's responsibility to ask about major parts missing.

I came away from that sale with $19.xx in my pocket, FYI.