LegacyGT.com

Looking at a 05 Legacy GT (Tomorrow!)

I am looking at a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT (non-JDM) in a manual. It has 93141kms yes that's right under 100,000kms.

2 owners, the guy stated that he obtained the car 4 weeks ago after his friend passed away. The guy states that all the maintenance has been done and that it was serviced at a local Subaru Dealership.

Price is $10500cad or $8250usd

I know that I will need to check the Banjo Bolt, de-cat the up pipe, and change the timing belt at some point.

What do I need to know before I take a look at it? I intend on making it a daily driver. I want to try and leave the car mostly stock and not abuse it.

Additionally, I want to get it inspected, should I just go to the Subaru Dealership in North Vancouver, Canada?

Thanks

Edited by Kungpow

With a 16 y/o car, I would not pay dealership labor rates. Find a repair shop with lots of Subaru's sitting around, I have a couple in my area.

Get the timing belt kit done ASAP if it has not been done at 10 years of age.

The Aisin kit is the one to get.

Read the sticky's on here and check the DIY forum

Cobb AP V3 is a nice upgrade and will be good for the car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The seller said he wanted to bring it into a Subaru Dealership before we would meet. I asked what needed to be done on the car and he stated that wanted it to be checked 100% before selling it. So I will be seeing it next week and I will call the dealership and ask if a 05 Legacy GT has been serviced/inspected there.