LegacyGT.com

Dont buy the fog light kit!

So I ordered the fog light kit for $210 and I opened the box and started going through it and there's really not much to it. The fog light switch, a relay, 2 bolts, 2 clips, 2 spring nuts, 2 fog lamp assemblies and 2 fog light covers. So I decided to check if I can piece this kit together cheaper than I can buy it as a whole. I found out that its about $55 cheaper when you piece it together vs. buying it as a kit. I took a screenshot of all the parts needed with the part numbers. I hope this helps you guys that don't have fog lights that want to add it. Hopefully I can return the kit and piece it together myself.

516329435_CHEAPESTFOGLIGHTS.thumb.png.ebf9eba30de5bb35f0804008eb875b0c.png

image.thumb.jpg.e834365597cc2fdbf62237321eaeed70.jpg

Edited by Juanclopez2786
Forgot to include the part number list

Trollin' MrTris

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r33/juanclopez2786/799f7183200f16cc359952d8f8cee2ff_zpsd23081e4.jpg

Don't take those idiots personal. Have fun with them. The forum mods are trying to clean em up, but they change login names and reappear.

Haha, they don't change names. And most of the trolls around here are harmless, their humor is just different than most folks humor. We do keep them in check though. Heck! I'm even guilty of a little trolling on occasion. Lol!

Guest rayms69
at least your honest, you are a little easier with your comments. I think most are wondering when its their turn for the beat down.

As I said many of times it is fine to poke fun, be sarcastic, tongue and cheek. But be insulting, derogatory, or personal name calling is beyond trolling but insidious child play or down right mean. Remember what your grandma says treat individuals the way you want to be treated. Edited by Yoda_One
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

I thought about that and the wiring? Wonder if all the wiring is already in place?

Yes the wiring is already in place. you just need to add the relay to the fuse box and make the connections at the fog lamp and fog light switch inside the car.

How hard was the install? im thinking of adding the fog lights too.

Haven't done the install yet because luckily I was able to return the kit. I already placed the order for the pieced together kit so once that comes in I will take pics of the install and post it.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry about that I uploaded the pic of the part numbers again. I haven't been able to do the install because it's been freezing here in Jersey. From what other members have been saying it should be very easy. Once I get around to it I will take detailed pics from start to finish.

• 6 months later...

Hmmm, interesting. This part (83002AL17A) is only about $12, but is listed as "steering responsive fog light switch". The original part listed in this discussion (H4510AL100), if found in stock is around $50 and is just listed as "fog switch"

I wonder if it would work?

Edited by AirBorne1Cav

• 1 year later...