LegacyGT.com

Boomba short shift plate S.O.S.

I’ve been hammering on the this roll pin for a couple hours now and can’t get it to budge. I’ve got the proper 3/16th punch but I can’t seem to get it to move. Anyone have any suggestions to get this thing out??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you separating the inner pin first or hit it as a whole? I think I was able to separate it first, before pulling the rest of the pin out.

Tried both ways. I think our Canadian winters did their job and seized it solid. After beating on it all day I Decided to drop it off at the shop and get them to install it and do a fluid change at the same time before I got a little to emotional involved with my hammer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me tell you, removing that pin was the biggest struggle of my life. Probably took me close to 6 hours to get it out the first time. Then my knock-off Perrin short shift adapter broke and I got to do it again... yay!

I had the same struggle. I failed the first time, then went and bought some punches and tried it again, and ended up getting it with a nail that was the right size.

Worst fing mod install of my life.

I do everything on my cars, but if I was going to do it over again, I'd have a shop do the pin.