LegacyGT.com

WTF Cobb - no sway bars either?

ece_tim

First the short shifter is discontinued. Now it looks like the sway bars are too??

I really wanted a set of their sway bars, having ridden in a Spec.B equipped with Pinks & Cobb sways, it was the perfect combination. Also their bars are hollow and quite light, which is always a bonus.

Are there any other manufacturers whose bars are hollow and adjustable?

I heard that cobb discontinued their hard parts, the last time i spoke to a cobb rep at a meet he told me that they were focusing on accessports and tuning instead of making hard parts for cars

I don't think the WRX bars fit, but I will check if Hotchkis has any sway bars, thanks. I forgot about them - they made a good set for the GTO.

I also came across Zero/Sport - a Japanese brand. The bars are hollow from what I've read, although I'm not sure they're adjustable which is also important to me.

Valid point on the weight. I guess I was looking at it as more of "Well if I'm dropping the coin, might as well..."

Fred Beans is running a special on the Whiteline bars anyway ;)

• 4 weeks later...
I really wanted a set of their sway bars, having ridden in a Spec.B equipped with Pinks & Cobb sways, it was the perfect combination. Also their bars are hollow and quite light, which is always a bonus.

Or.....you could just buy mine :cool:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-ks-cobb-sways-kartboy-endlinks-and-cobb-rear-mount-139380.html?p=2980444#post2980444

I loved them. You're right, they were the perfect combination. I had mine paired with Swift Sport springs, I wanted a little lower ride.

NEVER ARGUE WITH A STUPID PERSON.

THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I thought I read that they scaled stuff down because they just moved to Austin TX. I think they're going to get back into the hard parts production and even asked about what folks want.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130199&highlight=cobb+move+austin

That's not exactly what I remember reading. Maybe it was in their electronic newsletter? Anyway...

Archived