LegacyGT.com

Adding some JDM flavor to our cars

gc_coxen

I came from owning a run down 2005 OBXT to a 2018 Outback 2.5 touring and am longing for all the JDM love that the BP/BL generation got. All I've found as of yet is the JDM honeycomb grille but I was curious if anyone else has started finding other notable parts for the legacy and outback?

Has anyone put some serious work into their car yet? Mods to the exterior and interior? Definitely looking to go with a blacked out upper trim on the interior soon on my car and other little style nods. Hopefully this can turn into a discussion and what parts are showing up for the newest gen legacys

The BPE was certainly a special car and has not been repeated for our market. Wouldn't know where to start to try and get the New Zealand model to this spec. There are aftermarket grilles for this car however I bought a brand new Subaru one as the chrome begins to peal off them if its left in the sun for prolonged periods. From experience the aftermarket parts have a tendency to not fit properly so I avoid them. The car is perfect so not wanting to change a single thing.

• 2 weeks later...
I’d love to see black upper pillar trim and a carpet or alcantara headliner. With the new interiors feeling much more luxurious than older models, they missed th mark on ththe upper half. The beige fabric look and feels cheap to me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Beautiful setup- what are the specs on the Wrx rims? Been thinking about purchasing a set as my winter wheels but can’t seem to find them in 18 x 7.5 5x114.3!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
Solid choice in wheels! Need to drop her to get rid of that Grand Canyon wheels gap, I don’t regret dropping mine5898c8c369e4b9bc360b200d461465cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually did drop it not too long ago, dropped it 1.4 inch to be sensible lol. I don't regret it at all!! A little rub when full lock but it'll be fine..64befbd5fa231c5898fa4f277cf1d21e.jpg8a4f345276c93647662e7a29daee5b29.jpg

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Beautiful setup- what are the specs on the Wrx rims? Been thinking about purchasing a set as my winter wheels but can’t seem to find them in 18 x 7.5 5x114.3!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks man. Both sets of STI wheels are 18 x 8.5 with a 55mm offset I believe