LegacyGT.com

Official Interest In COBB Flex-Fuel for the Legacy GT Platform - Please speak up

cryo

AP = $650

Cobb FF kit =- estimated $800

Injectors = approx $500 (depends on injectors chosen)

Pump = approx $190 (depends on pump chosen)

Tune = this will vary widely by the tuner. Both of my tuners charge $1100 for a flex fuel tune.

If you install everything your self and get a pro tune estimate $3240.

Then budget for a short block if you dont already have a built engine.

You must pay to play.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the “grand scheme of horsepower” FlexFuel is a VERY cheap way to get a significant bump. Especially for people that are already in a position to support e85. Sure it’s still going to cost me $2500 for the AP/hardware/tune. However, there are a lot of other motors/platforms that cost THOUSANDS more to mod and still won’t see the 15%ish bump in whp that FF will give me over a 93oct tune.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

In the “grand scheme of horsepower” FlexFuel is a VERY cheap way to get a significant bump. Especially for people that are already in a position to support e85. Sure it’s still going to cost me $2500 for the AP/hardware/tune. However, there are a lot of other motors/platforms that cost THOUSANDS more to mod and still won’t see the 15%ish bump in whp that FF will give me over a 93oct tune.

:confused: "FlexFuel" isnt a power adder - Just the ability to run any ethanol content and not have to load a new tune.

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

:confused: "FlexFuel" isnt a power adder - Just the ability to run any ethanol content and not have to load a new tune.

E85 is the power adder. FF takes the hassle out of running it. I’ve been ready for the corn, just waiting on this kit.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

FF won't add any power in my case but it certainly will be nice to not have to check ethanol content in the winter and be able to confidently take the car on road trips and not worry about where I'm going to fill up.

Shut up and take my money already.

Yep, for those that are willing / have the supporting mods. Flexfuel is a great option. Being able to run E85 and 91 and not worry about draining tanks / content of E85 to decide which maps to run.

It's an easy choice

That was really in response to complaining about $165 to get access to the Cobb tuning software. Because in the scheme of car expenses - $3k is not cheap. Especially if you blow up your engine.... In the scheme of adding 15% WHP, while drastically increasing your safety margins, Flexfuel stands out as a really good choice.

@Sparkey - I talk about Flexfuel as a power adder for those who aren't already tuned for E85. Because like you said, if you are, it's not a power adder, just HUGE (if you are lazy and don't measure E content every fill up) safety factor.

Edited by Rhitter

I had a discouraging conversation with a Cobb representative at Big Northwest. He acted like the Outback XT was a completely different platform than the Legacy GT and they weren’t sure if they were going to support it on Flex Fuel. :confused:

I had a discouraging conversation with a Cobb representative at Big Northwest. He acted like the Outback XT was a completely different platform than the Legacy GT and they weren’t sure if they were going to support it on Flex Fuel. :confused:

The OBXT shares the same ECU as the LGT so any LGT support automatically means OBXT support. The supported models/years for the FF release are as I listed them before.

The OBXT shares the same ECU as the LGT so any LGT support automatically means OBXT support. The supported models/years for the FF release are as I listed them before.

I know, he seemed oblivious of this. I told him the only difference in the drivetrain is the gearing and he went off on how it was a different product to support.

Thank you for your continued updates.

• 2 weeks later...
From the looks of it, this also means some of us need to go from side feed to top feed rails so in aticipation of the FF kit I ordered the ID kit. I hope this comes out by the end of this year near the holidays. My guess is that its 70-80% complete from what merchgod has said. Btw thanks for all the updates:)

side or top feed shouldn't matter. the ethanol density sensor intercepts the fuel before it makes it to the hard lines on the intake. high cc side feeds are available, however less variety in choice.

side or top feed shouldn't matter. the ethanol density sensor intercepts the fuel before it makes it to the hard lines on the intake. high cc side feeds are available, however less variety in choice.

Lots of tuners don't like DW 850/1000 sidefeeds.. Apparently some non-linearity that makes it hard to tune WELL.

I saw this email from cobb saying "new products for Subaru" got me excited but then just other stuff.... anyways most tuners want actual top feeds since 1000 cc side feeds are just lower CC's but modified so the spray pasterns aren't as consistent.

Just realized there was even a thread here devoted to gaining Flex Fuel support. Boy what an emotional roller coaster of a read this has been. I'm stoked! Been dying to have flex fuel on my 07 LGT since forever. I'm getting giddy at the thought of it finally becoming reality! Emailed Cobb about my interest, and asked for any new ETA's.

I've certainly got cash quarantined for this.

just tuned on e85 bc i couldnt wait any longer! but still def want this if/when it comes and will gladly pay price of admission. Closest e85 station is about 10 miles from me, and in NYC traffic that can be anywhere from 12 minutes to 2 hours lol