LegacyGT.com

Dual HVAC Double Din Kit: Completed Install Thread

ksnh

That wrap looks great! Especially with the wood trim. I normally hate wood grain interior but that flows well enough to make me want to convert to the 08-09 interior.

I converted to the 08-09 Interior Trim.

It's about $1K in parts.

If you want a list of the parts, let me know.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finished my install a few months ago but finally got her all wrapped one color about 2-3 wks ago and forgot to put it in here. Future plans include a Nexus 7 in the vent cubby with btssm and a backup cam

2005 GT wagon

SVXs i88 and HVAC harness, Sirius receiver unit and parking brake bypass for DVD

Pioneer AVH-4600bs head unit with Sirius, Pandora, pioneer App Radio, CD/DVD

JDM double DIN, HVAC and hazard

Wrapped in 3M Brushed black metallic

IMG_4544.thumb.jpg.5a80fc4e2268871f169d3213aeaec3fe.jpg

57256982426__73E396F0-EBB8-4EAE-8682-F676DAFFF8FF.thumb.jpg.0f01a15c49b20edc74908c8b5210b817.jpg

IMG_4543.thumb.jpg.46de2e2ebb98bf8bba92bd8af1d27210.jpg

IMG_4655.thumb.jpg.2d35aaca291697a5c325ad07a563675b.jpg

Had to finish it off wit the AP cover too :)

IMG_4549.thumb.jpg.f27da19cb3ba9ce7277d0c0ed0491049.jpg

Edited by Wooosh

Does anyone know what the metra stereo harness product # is? And speaker harness product #. I am not finding any relevant info only thing that comes up is for Toyotas. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

According to their website (http://www.metraonline.com/vfgapi/vehicle/76092?):

Metra 70-8901

http://www.metraonline.com/part/70-8901

I haven't personally used the Metra harness, so I can't confirm whether it has all the necessary wires to connect to David's ae64.com i88 harness.

I did use the Scosche SU03B harness, so I can confirm that it has all 14 wires needed to work with the ae64.com i88 adapter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
According to their website (http://www.metraonline.com/vfgapi/vehicle/76092?):

Metra 70-8901

http://www.metraonline.com/part/70-8901

I haven't personally used the Metra harness, so I can't confirm whether it has all the necessary wires to connect to David's ae64.com i88 harness.

I did use the Scosche SU03B harness, so I can confirm that it has all 14 wires needed to work with the ae64.com i88 adapter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thank you. I ended up going with the scosche harness and you are right it does come with 14pins. I emailed David @ae64, do you know how long it takes to get a response back from him?

• 1 month later...
Thank you. I ended up going with the scosche harness and you are right it does come with 14pins. I emailed David @ae64, do you know how long it takes to get a response back from him?

Did you ever get a hold of David? I just ordered the jdm double din from avojdm, and my double din radio and wasn't sure if he's still making the wire harnesses... hopefully I get an email back from him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Did you ever get a hold of David? I just ordered the jdm double din from avojdm, and my double din radio and wasn't sure if he's still making the wire harnesses... hopefully I get an email back from him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

He's just been really busy lately. If you don't hear back from him for a few days, just send him a follow up email!

He's just been really busy lately. If you don't hear back from him for a few days, just send him a follow up email!
Cool, thanks! Isn't really a rush, takes a while to get shipments from Japan anyway. Good to know he still makes them [emoji106]

Edit: David just got back to me, and I ordered the necessary wires, he even helped out with additional functions and guided me on what exactly I needed! Big thumbs up to him!

Edited by B1G_xyz

• 5 months later...
Car: 2006 legacy GT

I hardwired the whole thing and finding the pinout for the connectors for the usdm radio and climate control was a pain, but here it is finished.

Parts I used:

Jdm double din kit

Oem hazard

Double din radio

4bb799e002c64b275d7555e8d8a1ab43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

844c5536afd721ea8640f336fd5cc279.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Snagged a double-din kit last week on Yahoo auctions Japan for $279 shipped including the JDM hazard switch and an i88 pigtail.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n392470427

I installed it last night along with a Sony XAV-AX1000 head unit. The install was a piece of cake. Since it came with an i88 pigtail I didn't see the need to use an adapter harness. I just soldered it in alongside the existing i88 connector. Easy peasy.

2v1sjds.jpg

Then I had to notch the dash support which was a 5 minute task using a hole saw and cutoff wheel on my dremel.

ptTAUTh.jpg

The rest was a standard head unit install. The kit I bought even came with a harness adapter and I already had an antenna adapter laying around.

33MSgUe.jpg

Works great. Right now I'm just running the stock speakers off the head unit and it sounds way, way better than I was expecting. Definitely an improvement from the stock radio. Soon I'll be installing new front speakers, backup camera, sub and amp. I've been wanting to do this for a while and I'm glad I finally took the plunge.

• 9 months later...

First post, sorry if it's not in the right place or covered elsewhere!

I have a 2008 Outback XT and am having zero luck getting the i88 and i85 adapters. I have sent multiple emails from different domains over the last 3 months to ae64 with no reply. AVOJDM says nobody else has had issues.

Any help would be appreciated!

First post, sorry if it's not in the right place or covered elsewhere!

I have a 2008 Outback XT and am having zero luck getting the i88 and i85 adapters. I have sent multiple emails from different domains over the last 3 months to ae64 with no reply. AVOJDM says nobody else has had issues.

Any help would be appreciated!

https://www.autoharnesshouse.com/AHH-JDM.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got it installed, working great so far. Hard to notice the gaps from the driver side. Head-unit is a Pioneer DMH-2660NEX.

radio1.thumb.jpg.16eb82e1ab8493c05839a9a5ab4d80af.jpg

radio2.thumb.jpg.384fb7c49e72ee67e8b5bf31b783d9e9.jpg

I saw these after searching for "i88" "i85" etc.

Have you received and did everything go smooth with install?

I used the 14pin+i88 from him, worked great. Will be buying the i85 later, wasn't sure I wanted to keep my SWCs but turns out using the touchscreen while driving is real sketchy.

Also if anyone was curious, I emailed him about what came on the i85. Comes with SWC wires only, they can add on the aux wires for $25 more - have to email support for it though.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
The previous owner of my specB moved an Alpine HU in place of the stock navi, ordered the AV Panel, i88, i85, and an antenna adapter (he never connected the antenna or SWC). Waiting to get everything so I can do the install! I’m not missing anything if the headunit I have is already wired up, right?