LegacyGT.com

H7: Morimoto elite hid system

Anyone that's installed the kit from Retrofit Source have pictures?

I'm ordering the kit and just want to get prepped. Would be nice to see where others mounted things and how you ran your wires. Alos if you needed anything extra.

Thanks

1. Remove front bumper and then headlights. It's far easier this way.

2. Remove halogen bulbs, install HID bulbs.

3. Install the wiring harness, wire up the relays to battery, plug the adaptor into factory headlight plug for trigger. Tidy up installation.

4. Put together front end, adjust the headlights and then enjoy driving around, blinding everyone on the road including yourself.

1. Remove front bumper and then headlights. It's far easier this way.

2. Remove halogen bulbs, install HID bulbs.

3. Install the wiring harness, wire up the relays to battery, plug the adaptor into factory headlight plug for trigger. Tidy up installation.

4. Put together front end, adjust the headlights and then enjoy driving around, blinding everyone on the road including yourself.

Fail Troll Fail. :rolleyes:

I've seen the cut offs for HIDs in our projectors- they are clean and sharp unlike putting HIDs in a reflector, so no I won't be driving around blinding others.

As far as the rest, no shit. I was asking for pics from people that had done it so I would have some ideas going into the install on where things fit nicely. Would save some time.

I actually did this and will post some pics up tomorrow as well as some general tips. Overall extremely satisfied with the product and have had no problems over the past 1.5 years.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Also fedaykin, these projectors are designed for hids and have the proper spread and cut off to be just as illuminating (maybe better) than stock hids. You do however have to make sure you've aimed them properly. I got some pretty mad reactions from people right when I installed them but nobody flashes me anymore.

As a matter of fact there are tons of threads that show you how it's done. You can even look through my profile I may have posted about it or submitted a thread even.

Yes, I know. The reason I posted was I was looking for one specifically about this kit. Since other kits may have different harness lenghts etc.. and trying to weed through the longer generic ones would be really time consuming looking for this specific kit.

Almost every project I've done in life you learn things that you'd do different- why not ask first to avoid those if I can.

Found your thread, thanks

Wait, did you say a halogen projector is better at being a xenon projector than a xenon projector?

No a called you a troll because of your stupid comment about blinding people. Our low beams are projectors, when a HID is installed in them it has a nice clean cut off like it should.

It's not the same as slapping a HID kit into a reflector housing.

I'm not one of those jackasses. I want HIDS in my Flex and that's going to require a complete retro fit.

I have Xenon low beam projectors from factory. JDM life. But I'm gonna install some HIDs for my high beams, they're still halogen vs my LED fogs, LED park lights and Xenon low beams, it's kinda annoying to have, dear I say it, "Old fashioned" coloured headlights.

You'd be much better served by LEDs or whiter-looking halogens. HIDs in a projector housing designed for halogens will be pretty good (could be better, the arc in a HID bulb peaks in the middle where filaments sit pretty flat, so there's some loss of efficiency there), but in a reflector housing, they'll just blind the shit out of everyone on the road, including you.

Also fedaykin, these projectors are designed for hids and have the proper spread and cut off to be just as illuminating (maybe better) than stock hids. You do however have to make sure you've aimed them properly. I got some pretty mad reactions from people right when I installed them but nobody flashes me anymore.

Okay bro. But, I did not realise this thread was in a 5th gen sub forum, so you have me there. Also, go park your car next to a factory HID equiped 5th gen, then compare (look at) the projectors to your halogen with xenon bulb projector.

Side question, do you guys (US) get auto levelling and washer jets with factory HIDs?

Okay bro. But, I did not realise this thread was in a 5th gen sub forum, so you have me there. Also, go park your car next to a factory HID equiped 5th gen, then compare (look at) the projectors to your halogen with xenon bulb projector.

Side question, do you guys (US) get auto levelling and washer jets with factory HIDs?

They don't get washer jets I don't think. I think they have manual levelling on a scroller

Does it matter? Just a heads up , the Flex Limited that has HIDs and it designed to carry a ton of stuff doesn't have either one.

So just because it's required where you live, doesn't make it required here.

I'm the first one to give people shit about putting HIDs in a reflector, but you're off base on this.

Does it matter? Just a heads up , the Flex Limited that has HIDs and it designed to carry a ton of stuff doesn't have either one.

So just because it's required where you live, doesn't make it required here.

I'm the first one to give people shit about putting HIDs in a reflector, but you're off base on this.

Cool story bro. Thanks for answering my question.

I'm still waiting for you to go compare your H7 HID kit in halogen projector with a D2S projector.

You'd be much better served by LEDs or whiter-looking halogens. HIDs in a projector housing designed for halogens will be pretty good (could be better, the arc in a HID bulb peaks in the middle where filaments sit pretty flat, so there's some loss of efficiency there), but in a reflector housing, they'll just blind the shit out of everyone on the road, including you.

I disagree, already spent more than the H7 kit on good, bright halogens. I'm sure your familiar with their very short life span.

LEDs, I'll wait til I hear from more people that have them and get snow. My understanding is most of the heat is dissipated through the heat sinks in the rear, therefore doesn't heat up the front of the housing as much. It's important in areas you get freezing rain to keep the ice from forming on the headlight.

For anyone that may be considering the kit, here is are some pictures to give some ideas.

I was able to get the relays and DS ballast next to the fuse box

http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo254/TheOriginalTwoTone/20160206_162008.jpg

The PS ballast was on the strut tower

http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo254/TheOriginalTwoTone/81639094-3c2d-44e8-bd45-fede3e0c1806.jpg

Just ran the wire across the back.

http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo254/TheOriginalTwoTone/20160206_162024.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived