LegacyGT.com

Variable Electronic Supercharger

I finally bite the bullet!

Just got a good offer from the seller of electronic supercharger here for USD600. They gave me a big discount to test their supercharger for 15 days with money back guarantee. If I don't liked it, I can always returned it to them without questions ask. I have inquired about this last November and they contacted me last week and ask if I'm willing to test them for 15 days for a discounted price. They claimed it can improve fuel mileage by 10-15% and increased torque by 20-30%. It gets its signal from the throttle and another from the ignition.

Below are some of the pictures of the e-supercharger kit. The e-supercharger is not that small as I thought, the inlet diameter is about 75mm while the outlet is 70mm.

esupercharger_pic1.thumb.jpg.f13f8d08e60e8e51d4ba1bf8acee9cb5.jpg

esupercharger_pic2.thumb.jpg.0073b351a7b6bf361b95e35d5d6c1e23.jpg

The only problem is the installation manual/instructions are in Chinese but the good part is it has pictures. Looking at it, it seems quite simple to install them. I hope to install them this weekend.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, looking forward to results.

I've contacted Phantom Superchargers (ESC) in the past for solution for our engines (2.5i, LGT, 3.6) but they were too busy with the BRZ and other solutions.

BRZ guys have had great luck with the latest gen units, gaining almost as much whp/wtq over stock as traditional mechanical/parasitic compressors.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39719

http://www.phantomsuperchargers.com/scion-frssubaru-brz.html

$600 scam right here. Insane price. You could get the same effect hooking up a hair dryer...

I would never attached this to my car. You should do some basic research first, which isn't hard to see it's a fraud.

If this was viable, don't you think all the 2.5i's on this site would have done this before.

No tune needed either? How does the engine know how to control the a/f with the "added" air flow?

No way this thing is going to add 50 - 75hp/tq.

I like the comments about this too. You can FEEL the power...oh don't mind the fact I got new headers and new exhaust and tuned and e85....but must be the Phantom. I like the name Phantom as well, as you get a boost of Phantom power, powered by a butt dyno.

Edited by gimpydingo

$600 scam right here. Insane price. You could get the same effect hooking up a hair dryer...

I would never attached this to my car. You should do some basic research first, which isn't hard to see it's a fraud.

If this was viable, don't you think all the 2.5i's on this site would have done this before.

I actually expected someone like you would have a very violent reaction.

Actually I have been doing some research myself these past few months. You can see me posting in Perscitus Phantom supercharger post. I've been looking at another one which basically functions the same as the phantom supercharger and only works during WOT and can get boost of up to 6psi. But this cost a lot more 3-4 times. I have been keeping an eye for this for almost two years already and have been trying to get feedback from others who have installed it.

I admit there's not much actually we can do with 2.5i, not unless we sell our car and get the LGT or changed to an LGT or STI engine. But sometimes we get more satisfaction if we can get the car to perform better than before. Since buying cars here costs more than double than in US or any other countries, I intend to keep my car as much as I can and as long as it is still performing well.

That's the reason why I'm going to try it, if it doesn't work then I can still return it and there's no money spend and no one got scammed.

To be honest with you, this thing is not like an e-ram that's being sold in ebay. The one being sold in ebay is just a blower built inside an air filter and just a power switch to turn on. There are also tons here similar to the one in ebay. But this e-supercharger that I've got now has wireless digital meter with computer box that controls the spinning of the supercharger and they have tested it can produce boost of up to 3psi. Let's just wait and see how it goes.

They also give 3 yrs warranty and they also provide free lifetime change of the supercharger's bearing of up to 10 yrs. Unlike the cheap e-ram! The e-ram is made of plastic while this is made of metal and aluminum.

GimpyDingo - have you read any of the 372 pages of the FT86Club thread?

Compressor maps, dyno plots, auto-x ongoing R&D results galore.

Its true that MOST of the eSC solutions out there (especially last decade) do nothing, but this one and most likely Gborja's kit actually do work and create ~3-5psi of boost (mind you that's 'just' .25-.3 atms above ambient, but still impressive for such an electric 'hair dryer') under WOT.

Have you seen Audi's, Volvo's or Mercedes' latest proof-of-concepts?

I guess their engineers don't know what they're doing either...

http://www.autonews.com/article/20140803/OEM10/308049992/electric-turbocharger-eliminates-lag-valeo-says

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/volvos-new-electric-supercharger-explained

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/electric-superchargers-the-next-big-thing-for-the-automotive-industry-88356.html

Nice, looking forward to results.

I've contacted Phantom Superchargers (ESC) in the past for solution for our engines (2.5i, LGT, 3.6) but they were too busy with the BRZ and other solutions.

BRZ guys have had great luck with the latest gen units, gaining almost as much whp/wtq over stock as traditional mechanical/parasitic compressors.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39719

http://www.phantomsuperchargers.com/scion-frssubaru-brz.html

This is the only "real" electric supercharger that seems to work...albeit with adding a bunch of weight by way of batteries.

OP, good luck...are you planning on getting it tuned? Will you do a base, post installation and post tune dyno? (3 comparisons)

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Here's a dyno run, and surprising it does very well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_ltL_pbHPY]Drift-Office : Phantom Full Throttle Electric Supercharger BRZ / FRS / GT86 - YouTube[/ame]

My wife's balls are delicious.

YOu can't do this either. I test first by connecting a hair drier with large electric inverter under the hood connect to the batter with large-gauge cables. This is the only way to power 1.8kW hair dryer for the intake. Results were not as good as I expect. I saw increase in boost but I think the hot air makes a problem for the intake. This is my stage3 but I will look at OP's solution instead.

Tits mcgee

YOu can't do this either. I test first by connecting a hair drier with large electric inverter under the hood connect to the batter with large-gauge cables. This is the only way to power 1.8kW hair dryer for the intake. Results were not as good as I expect. I saw increase in boost but I think the hot air makes a problem for the intake. This is my stage3 but I will look at OP's solution instead.

That's why I put the hair dryer on cold. ;) Stage 4 hair dryer mod.

The other thing is the instant power. It's still a turbine and if the claims of 50k RPMs is true, that would take a bit to spin up.

Interested to see your results. If you really want to prove your results in here you should really get it on the dyno before and after install. I'm curious to know how much the electric sc heats up the intake air if at all.

The most logical test to prove that it really work is to find a dyno here or if not I will do a couple of before and after 0-60miles/hr run test.

I've seen someone on a dyno test here recently but still don't know where they get it done.

That's why I put the hair dryer on cold. ;) Stage 4 hair dryer mod.

The other thing is the instant power. It's still a turbine and if the claims of 50k RPMs is true, that would take a bit to spin up.

Electric motors can spool insanely fast, I think you'd be surprised.

Electric motors can spool insanely fast, I think you'd be surprised.

I know small electric motors spin fast, but the larger the blades it's trying to spin the longer it will take to get the momentum, but again probably still a lot faster than the turbo would spin (read: spool).

Nothing wrong with an electric turbo.....

future tech will have lots of cars with an electric one to eliminate lag while the exhaust driven one spools.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/news/a6295/audi-r18-lmp1-tech-details/

http://roa.h-cdn.co/assets/cm/14/47/1024x576/546b2658b23fc_-_1r18lmp1-lg.jpg

And this makes more sense to reduce or eliminate the lag.

I'm going to skip all this bs and go full electric. The Mercedes AMG SLS that was shown on Top Gear was pretty insane, equivalent of 700 hp and AWD!

Edited by gimpydingo