LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or can explain how to get the jdm headlight turn signals to work with USDM plug? I am not very good with wiring and i'm afraid im gonna f something up...

Gonna foam cannon the car today for the first time since the new paintjob since I can't drive it without working signals and tail lights -_-

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or can explain how to get the jdm headlight turn signals to work with USDM plug? I am not very good with wiring and i'm afraid im gonna f something up...

Gonna foam cannon the car today for the first time since the new paintjob since I can't drive it without working signals and tail lights -_-

No diagram but i have pictures for an adapter.

Give me a second

First step is to get all the tape and covering off the jdm wiring Then unplug the leveling motor connector, it's the one that's on the small box with the headlight adjustment Trace those wires from the headlight and cut them off from the main connector, you don't need it now Don't trash it you may want to hook them up if you can find the jdm leveling switch. Disconnect the high beam plug and trace the wires, you don't need it as the usdm high beam plug into the bulb directly You should now be left with 3 sets of wires. Red and black coming out of the housing. These are your low beams. Trace the wires and cut them off with as much wire as you can The 2nd set will be off a small bulb between the low beam and turn signal, trace these two wires and cut them with as much wire as possible off the connector The last set will be on your turn signal, do the same here When done you should now have 6 wires to worry about You'll then need to cut off the high beam / low beam plugs off your usdm light Take your usdm turn signal socket and you'll be using it to make a plug and play setup You can either use f type connector to slide over the prongs where your usdm turn signal bulb plugs in or simply solder 3 wires into the plug I coated mine with liquid electrical tape for waterproofing the filled it with hot glue This whole process is only needed if you want a super clean plug and play setup There's three wires going into the usdm signal. 12v positive intermittent signal, 12v on when lights are on, and ground The ground should be black it's the one that goes into the connector with the wide pin on the bulb Then take the other wires and simply connect one to a bulb with the ground connected to see if it's signal or constant on with lights On the jdm side connect the ground from the signal and the ground from the running light together with the usdm ground They are all black so it's easy Then connect the signal 12v to the signal and the constant on to the running light If your car has factory drls you'll want to disconnect them. They put out low voltage and will cause issues with the hid ballast Really simple to disconnect. It's a connector above your pedals. Do a quick google search The turn signal on the jdm light is only a signal The small light bulb between the low beam and signal is the running light The jdm drl isn't a real "DRL" its a replacement for the always on orange in the usd

At the light it was White with stripe is 12vlt Black with stripe is ground And the left was blue to switch And right was red to switch Switch is Black/white ground Red/green right light Violet illumination Green/yellow power Green red left light Black ground

Thats a write up someone sent me for the lights.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys maybe my google-fu needs upgrading but is there a walk through for flipping the JDM HID projector shields so they work for LHD? Or is it pretty self-explanatory? I searched a while and found nothing.

Oh I forgot: this is for '08 headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put something here like all the cool people, except there's nothing cool to put here.

Hey guys maybe my google-fu needs upgrading but is there a walk through for flipping the JDM HID projector shields so they work for LHD? Or is it pretty self-explanatory? I searched a while and found nothing.

Oh I forgot: this is for '08 headlights.

Facelift you can’t do it from what I’ve been told.

Yes, Prova Mirrors and K2 Twin Tube LEDs

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/E1AFDFC5-5A8E-4C6F-803A-A45364BAE2DA.jpg

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/AAD166B1-5D78-4AD7-A91D-B041FD7A2678.jpg

Yes, Prova Mirrors and K2 Twin Tube LEDs

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/E1AFDFC5-5A8E-4C6F-803A-A45364BAE2DA.jpg

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/AAD166B1-5D78-4AD7-A91D-B041FD7A2678.jpg

they look dope. difficult to install?

Dont really feel like pulling the mirrors off the car after fresh paint...

Thanks! You need to remove the painted mirror caps which feels super sketchy but you can help remove the tabs from the inside if you remove the mirror first. After that, install is easy.

Installing the Prova mirror covers as the actual mirror with the heated element on the back was a lot harder!

Or you could sell them to me and I'll install them on my facelift mirrors before they get painted.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Facelift you can’t do it from what I’ve been told.

Easiest solution I can think of is to swap the shields in from your usdm headlights onto your JDM headlights if that doesn't work swap the whole usdm projector into the JDM headlight housing.

Ok guess I'll just have to tear into em then.

I put something here like all the cool people, except there's nothing cool to put here.

Shoot me a PM, i love selling parts for less than i paid for them lol
PM sent. Headed out to sea for a week though starting tomorrow morning and won't have internet till we get back.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Been MIA from LGT.com for some time, but still have my spec.B. I've had all my JDM parts in the garage for a couple years after some help from valleylegacy, but got sidetracked with a 3rd gen 4runner sport edition, and projects associated with it.

Just got back from paint and been assembling what I can while I work on detailing the car. I had my JDM Rev. A-C GT front bumper (fog shrouds/tow hitch cover too), JDM Sport kit front lip cover, JDM grill surround, JDM sport kit side skirts with builtin strakes, JDM rear bumper, and JDM aero spats for rear all painted.

Also have a new set of 05 US headlight assemblies, K2 Gear CF front and rear Subaru emblems and a new windshield to complete the refresh.

Should have it all back together after the long weekend, and more pics of it completed to follow, but here's a sneak peak:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn146/jaymmmbee/RevACGTJDMNose_1.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/3011xya.jpg

Wired everything up, including HID foglight bypass. Can run only fogs, fogs + low beams, and fogs + high beams. Love the output!!

Lookin good!

did my ats claipers today. love how short the jdm front end bumpers are. gives a totally different look from the side!

547965739_20180905_182811(1).jpg.263908c4c8d4f61c4c4ee7ec7be40bcb.jpg

Here's an update on swapping the projectors/shields in the facelift JDM lights: it's really easy. How much difference it actually makes idk cuz I never mounted them in the car before swapping projectors, but the light pattern looks fine. I do need to adjust the angle a little tho because the passenger's side light is aimed too low, and the driver's side is about right.

Here's an update on swapping the projectors/shields in the facelift JDM lights: it's really easy. How much difference it actually makes idk cuz I never mounted them in the car before swapping projectors, but the light pattern looks fine. I do need to adjust the angle a little tho because the passenger's side light is aimed too low, and the driver's side is about right.

Did you take any pics or is it that intuitive?

It really is that intuitive. Pull apart both headlights, take out the four little screws that hold each shield/projector assembly in place, and put the driver's side assembly in the passenger's light and vice versa.

Question: Who do you guys order JDM bumpers from? I need to look for a new source as my friend stopped bringing containers in from Asia. Already have a JDM front end but would like to change it up. I have a 5th gen Legacy btw.

Any help would be appreciated!

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Question: Who do you guys order JDM bumpers from? I need to look for a new source as my friend stopped bringing containers in from Asia. Already have a JDM front end but would like to change it up. I have a 5th gen Legacy btw.

Any help would be appreciated!

HKC Speed or eBay.

It really is that intuitive. Pull apart both headlights, take out the four little screws that hold each shield/projector assembly in place, and put the driver's side assembly in the passenger's light and vice versa.

That's it really? And then just adjust the beam angle?

Edit: well I guess there is still the 'pull apart headlight' which requires that baking step right?