LegacyGT.com

Window Visor / Rain Guard Options?

Been lurking since October 2016 and purchased a 2017 Twilight Blue Legacy 3.6 on November 30, 2016.

Before the weather gets too hot, I want to install the side window visors or rain guards, but I can't seem to find any options besides the OEM ones through Subaru.

My questions are:

-Are there any options besides Subaru? Thoughts on the quality?

-Is it easy to install?

-If you have the visors could you post pictures?

Thanks in advance!

71d74709089d3ee23a85d972708140aa.jpg

I have a 2016 Twilight Blue Legacy. Hard to capture the actual color of the car on camera imo.

Paid $180 for visors.. expensive but they were the only ones I could find with the chrome(fake) trim on it to match the cars chrome. Quality is very good compared to cheap aftermarket visors. It's a hard plastic and it doesn't feel flimsy. Installation was a breeze. 3M tape and it has a part where you tuck it in. Took 20 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a fairly exhaustive search for vents for my '16. Other than the OEM type I found essentially nothing. There were a few "odd" brands, but even their pics did not look good. I went on Ebay and bought an OEM set from Keene NH Subaru. Their price was less than my local dealer quoted with the "special" price for people who purchased a car at that dealer, but I can't remember exactly what I paid.

The vents shipped promptly and arrived without issue. One thing to note is that there is no instruction pack in the box. There is a website address printed on the outside of the packing where you can go to download a pdf file for the install. It was easy to do and only took about 20 mins for the whole job.

The only "tip" I can give you is to be sure to clean the area under the vent with rubbing alcohol before attaching. Even after washing, it took more than a few passes with an alcohol soaked towel to get the area really clean

The Wellvisors look nice. I might try it. I plastidipped my chrome trim black so that's not an issue for me. I think all my chrome trim has been covered. :)

Looks like the Wellvisors have the chrome built in. Guess I will plastidip that before installing.

Ordered a set. My car is twilight blue as well so I will post pics if needed.

I have no clue. It doesn't bother me. I'll look today

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I posted a thanks to you in the what did you do thread. Thanks for the find and saving us a lot of money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it took me more time to remove and clean the plastidip than it did to install the visors. Wasn't too bad. Just gotta have fingernails to remove the 3m backing.

looks weird with partial plastidip still on the bottom. Going to wait for it to warm up and I'll cover up the chrome again. It's only 50 degrees in my garage.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/chowser51att/IMG_3831_zpsve17i3a3.jpg

Well, it took me more time to remove and clean the plastidip than it did to install the visors. Wasn't too bad. Just gotta have fingernails to remove the 3m backing.

looks weird with partial plastidip still on the bottom. Going to wait for it to warm up and I'll cover up the chrome again. It's only 50 degrees in my garage.

just wondering if it's the lighting or did you wrap the roof?

Yeah, I was going to plastidip the roof but broke down and used a matte black wrap on the roof and fin.

sometimes I think I should've used a non matte wrap but I see too many cars with shiny black roofs.

better pic of the roof wrap

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx321/chowser51/IMG_1054.jpg

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx321/chowser51/1D98D4C6-7B18-4E5A-A3B0-2FEFF3C34C89.jpeg

I considered the partial plasti dip and thought the very same! Luckily, my plasti dip came right off. Do you plan to keep it chrome for good now?

I'm debating removing the rest so the windows are chrome trimmed again.

But ... I sort of like the nonchromed look. Seperates my Legacy from others in my area.

I've got some time to decide. Waiting for it to warm up so I can tint the taillights.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the link! I've been wanting visors since I bought the car 2 years ago today.

They are out of stock, but I emailed them and asked when they are going to be back in stock.

Got an email back stating mid-May.

I will be keeping my eyes out. 50$ compared to 190$ for OEM. For my daily, the 50$ ones will be just fine.

Thanks for the link! I've been wanting visors since I bought the car 2 years ago today.

They are out of stock, but I emailed them and asked when they are going to be back in stock.

Got an email back stating mid-May.

I will be keeping my eyes out. 50$ compared to 190$ for OEM. For my daily, the 50$ ones will be just fine.

I'm in the same boat. I want them.

Hard to find, I just emailed them a while ago about the vent shades for 2009 Legacy to see when they'll have them in stock.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat. I want them.

Hard to find, I just emailed them a while ago about the vent shades for 2009 Legacy to see when they'll have them in stock.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

They have it at Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01KZ6Z0PS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1522478237&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=2009+legacy+wellvisor&dpPl=1&dpID=319ZcnypwIL&ref=plSrch

Archived