LegacyGT.com

Data logs, help

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share a few of my recent data logs. Car has been feeling a tiny bit off this spring. I can't really describe it other that when I punch it she responds at 95% of what she used to.

Maybe you might see something in the logs to help me understand what is going on. Cheers!

datalog10.csv

datalog11.csv

datalog12.csv

Did some googling. Going to put her back to the stock tune and see if I still get knock. I also put knock sums on the display gauge and cylinder 4 racks up the count fast. All of the others stayed pretty low (<5-8 on a 4 hour drive) while 3 got up to 18 and 4 got up to 26.

Those all seem low and nothing to worry about. Sure, it'd be better if they were even lower (all <5-8), but if you take the count of data rows and divide the knock sum count by them, you should see a tiny % either way.

Using your logs, are you able to calc combined Bank 1 Fuel Trim, AF Error and Boost Error and add that to the logs as additional columns?

Also, have you read here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/everything-you-wanted-know-subarus-knock-prevention-strategy-254139.html

Data log analysis is a fairly painstaking process, where a lot of data needs to be filtered out, and even more put in the right context. Most people charge for this type of service and its also best to put the logs in the context of the tune (having access to it, seeing the changes across the tables, etc.)

Those all seem low and nothing to worry about. Sure, it'd be better if they were even lower (all <5-8), but if you take the count of data rows and divide the knock sum count by them, you should see a tiny % either way.

Using your logs, are you able to calc combined Bank 1 Fuel Trim, AF Error and Boost Error and add that to the logs as additional columns?

Also, have you read here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/everything-you-wanted-know-subarus-knock-prevention-strategy-254139.html

Data log analysis is a fairly painstaking process, where a lot of data needs to be filtered out, and even more put in the right context. Most people charge for this type of service and its also best to put the logs in the context of the tune (having access to it, seeing the changes across the tables, etc.)

Thanks, I'll do my best to gather more data and put things into context. I might even try to get a hold of the original tuner to see if he would be willing to analyze the logs as he would know better than most the changes that were made.

Archived