LegacyGT.com

A Subaru Member is Lost, and we seek your help.

eekay

Re-posting this for all you Subie heads that are in the area and might be able to attend... Tragic.

Per a thead on NASIOC in NESIC, but I thought I would bring it to everyone's attention here as well. I personally met Matt at a few meets, he's was a great guy, with a bright life in front of him, if you have the ability I think that we should be there for him and his family.

From NESIC

As most of you know, or have seen in the thread "NESIC Loses a Member", one of our brethren, Matthew Denice, 23, was killed in a horrific crash at the hands of a drunk driver last Saturday night. Known on the boards as "matthewlikewhoa", he was a great guy and an amazing person to be around. I only had the pleasure of hanging out with Matt a handful of times at various meets and whatnot but I can truly say he made me a better person. He lived life like we all want to. He was always smiling, joking and had an overall deep appreciation for life. He was also a Subaru fanatic. He was always helping others with their cars, giving advice on the forums and being a great member of the Subaru community.

Last night, there was a vigil held for Matt in Milford where he lived and near the crash site. Some of us who knew Matt went to the vigil and were a part of something truly extraordinary. Thousands of people gathered and held candles in almost complete silence, for hours to commemorate the life of this awesome kid.

Those of us who attended had the opportunity to have a touching and heartfelt conversation with Matt's parents, that left us all in tears. During this conversation, Matt's parents asked us a favor. They asked us to gather as many Subaru's as we possibly could for the funeral procession on Tuesday morning. They expressed how much this would mean to them and to Matt.

So please, whether you knew Matt or not, consider taking some time out of your day Tuesday to be a part of something truly special and meaningful for this grieving family. Matt was a great kid, a Subaru fanatic and an avid member of this community. He deserves to be honored in the way his family wishes. Please help us make this happen.

If you plan on attending please contact Sean (kmk05wrx) @ 774-278-0502 as we need to let the family know how many Subaru's will be in attendance.

Thank you for reading. This has been really hard. RIP Matt.

-Andrew

Original NESIC post:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2230196

I hope it's a great turn-out for Matt and his family!

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

http://www.boston.com/Boston/rf/image_371w/Boston/2011-2020/2011/08/22/Boston.com/Metro/Images/Motorcyclist%20Dragged.JPEG-0c30e-1085--300x225.jpg?uuid=m7teKM0EEeCNuqpd8Muh0w

"MILFORD -- Nicolas Guaman, the Milford man accused of dragging a motorcyclist for a quarter mile after a collision even though people frantically tried to get him to stop, showed no emotion when told the motorcyclist was dead, according to a document filed in court today." :mad::mad::mad::mad:

http://www.boston.com/Boston/metrodesk/2011/08/milford-man-pleads-not-guilty-charges-crash-that-claimed-life-motorcyclist/9vfBsIytYL6UFeaRpertwI/index.html

R.I.P

his punishment should be suffocation by catless exhaust fumes

I was thinking more of tying him up to a truck and dragging him around town for a few miles. A few years solitary. Then give him the boot.

Not sure about the turn-out yet, but from what I understand there were quite a few people that made it. Glad to hear it!
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Archived