LegacyGT.com

EGR Control Valve Seized to Intake Mainfold

Today I tried to take off my EGR Valve and was unsuccessful. I was able to remove the 4 bolts for the EGR Pipes, but the 4 bolts to the intake manifold would not break free. Tried to use a right angle impact (60lbs torque) but was unsuccessful. Tried to use PB Blaster, didn't help considering the upward direction.

I then removed the alternator and tried from the front, again was unsuccessful.

I have about 113k miles.

Has anyone else had problems and/or success taking off their EGR Control Valve. Anyone have any tips on how to remove the EGR valve from the intake manifold. My next step is to remove the intake manifold and then remove the EGR control valve with the intake manifold out of the engine. I don't particularly want to do this, but that may be the only way.

Has anyone had to have their EGR valve replaced because the EGR valve was throwing a code?

Thanks

• 2 years later...
On 9/30/2020 at 7:13 PM, michaelj11103 said:

Today I tried to take off my EGR Valve and was unsuccessful. I was able to remove the 4 bolts for the EGR Pipes, but the 4 bolts to the intake manifold would not break free. Tried to use a right angle impact (60lbs torque) but was unsuccessful. Tried to use PB Blaster, didn't help considering the upward direction.

I then removed the alternator and tried from the front, again was unsuccessful.

I have about 113k miles.

Has anyone else had problems and/or success taking off their EGR Control Valve. Anyone have any tips on how to remove the EGR valve from the intake manifold. My next step is to remove the intake manifold and then remove the EGR control valve with the intake manifold out of the engine. I don't particularly want to do this, but that may be the only way.

Has anyone had to have their EGR valve replaced because the EGR valve was throwing a code?

Thanks

I like to know if you fixed it. thanks 

Unfortunately, I was unable to get those two bolts off. I even broke the head on one of the bolts and said enough was enough so I stopped messing with it. I even went out and got the Milwaukee m12 right angle impact wrench, still couldn't break the bolt. My only other idea on how you could get it off is to use something like Tite-Reach, obviously you'll still be limited in space so you'd need to make sure the tite-reach extension can fit. And last resort, you'd need to remove the intake manifold to be able to break the EGR valve bolt with a good size breaker bar.