LegacyGT.com

LGT wagon on USDM spec.b springs

not finding a ton of info, but saw it suggested that an '05 wagon will sit basically stock height on USDM spec.b bilsteins and springs - is this correct?

saggy butt spacer?

is this even advisable? NOT looking to drop the car, just want to firm up suspension a bit.

i can put anything i want down here?!

It should be really close to the same, however the front could be higher (because the spec.B springs are meant for a heavier 6MT) and the rear will probably sag, as your wagon is rather heavier in the rear than than the sedan-only spec.B. You'll also need OEM spec.B top hats. Is this advisable? Certainly it would be a (slight, the USDM Bilsteins aren't that great) handling improvement and there's really no downsides, but honestly I think you'd be better off going with Koni inserts in your stock struts. There's an install thread here which isn't LGT specific but the process and the inserts are the same. These work really well and are a fairly popular option.
I put something here like all the cool people, except there's nothing cool to put here.

Are you looking for an improvement in handling or load carrying?

I put rallitek overload springs on the back of my wagon, I love the height as it matches up with the front and the car barely even drops when I put heavy stuff in the back.

thing is i already have a set of spec.b billies + springs. so options are use LGT stock springs on the bilsteins, or keep the spec springs. or any combination.

just looking to improve handling a bit while keeping stock look. hate the harshness lowering springs give.

i can put anything i want down here?!

Oh then by all means, install the Bilsteins with included springs. I'm no expert but I doubt stock LGT springs will work as well as the Bilstein specific springs.
I put something here like all the cool people, except there's nothing cool to put here.

i literaly just got dome putting us spec b sedan suspension on my outback wagon and it sits maybe a 1/4 higher than lgt suspension in the front. but the back was more than an inch lower, prolly the worst sag ive ever seen. ride and handling are greatly improved !

i ordered king springs ksrs-29 for the rear to get it leveled out, and for now i doubled up the rubber uper mounts, and put a set of mr gasket coil spring boosters between a few of the coils. it sits pretty even this way

i would suggest either doubling the monts up or getting apec b wagon springs for the rear other wise you will sag more than saggy but spacers can help w sdn spring in a wagon esp not being 6mt...

• 3 weeks later...
So spec b sedan springs not so good on the wagon and too saggy in the rear? I am also interested in a minimal drop with my 05 LGT wagon as it gets loaded up and needs to plow through deep snow like a boss. I want koni but am unsure of which springs.

The USDM spec.B springs really won't lower your car at all, and yes, serious saggy butt with a wagon. Konis are awesome, and they pair very well with H&R springs, which I believe have a fairly mild drop. If it's too much you can always use spacers.

Archived